Jared Garcia - 2020 PF - transferred to Tulsa

6 Likes

That guy is a beast. Sanchez is going to turn him into a solid P5 player.

2 Likes

Wow. Inside, outside, vertical, defenseā€¦he has a bit of everything. FOTY for sure, then we can just hope to keep him :confused:

Iā€™m pretty excited about him. One thing I always appreciated about Lutzā€™s teams (good and bad) was that we had the most athletic guys on the floor on most nights. This kid looks like he could fit in that mold.

He reminds me of Curtis Withers with a better outside game.

random game of garcia against brewster.
2 Likes

Garcia sure doesnā€™t look like he had a lot of help on his teamā€¦but then again they were playing Brewster ā€¦ canā€™t wait to see him suit up for usā€¦ call me crazy but I have him penciled in as the starting 4. :man_shrugging:t5:

i totally agree. he had 26 points by my count, 11-16/11-17 from the floor, 2-2 from the ft line, 2-4 from 3 point range, 3/4 blocks and a dunk. this kid needs a fourth star. i know i hype up croots so iā€™d just recommend everybody watch the game and give their opinions.

1 Like

Ditto. Some things left to be seen as far as a grad transfer big, but itā€™s shaping up to be a great opportunity for him to get big minutes as a freshman.

Garcia looks like a very good recruit. He looks pretty big and strong already, good athleticism, seemed to have pretty good hands (his teammates needed to give him some better passes, especially when he did a good job sealing off his defender), and a decent outside shot.
Iā€™m not sure if heā€™ll start right off, pretty rare for freshmen big men to do that, but I do think heā€™ll get plenty of minutes if he learns the defense.

Edited to add: Heā€™s going against some top competition here, Brewster has top-flight recruits regularly. That makes this performance look even better.

1 Like

I like his size. Seems like a college-ready body, which seems to be rarer and rarer for PFs these days. Mostly impressed with his shot and positioning. A couple of times I thought help defense couldā€™ve been a little stronger (particularly in the first half). Overall, a great looking player. Could be starting at the 4 for us next year, if he picks up the defense quickly. Still expect to see him get a significant number of minutes. Brewster has some real players and it was a heck of a game.

1 Like

another game. this kid is super impressive and i think could be good from day 1. watch for yourselves and give me your thoughts.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1ImH5l-VLY

my analysis of him in the this game:
6-12 unofficially, 2-2 from the FT line, 0-2 from 3 point range, 2 blocks, 4-5 rebounds. the kid has a nice touch on his shot and hit some difficult contested shots. his misses were close and showed that he has pretty good form on his shot. had a couple of toā€™s. decent handles but can lose control of it if driving on occasion. played really good post defense. the guy he was guarding is 6ā€™11" and a 2021 recruit with offers from wake forest, LSU, la salle, texas a & m among others. garcia had a great assist near the end on a no look cut to the basket for an and 1.

2 Likes

Anyone know why Jared hasnt played today?

I too couldnā€™t believe we never saw him, considering how bad we were getting abused down low. We need all the size we can get. Crazy that he never left the bench.

Knowing this program, he probably paused his camera on zoom during class and we suspended him for a game as punishment

Iā€™m mad. That said, our boy will see the court. Itā€™s game 1

I think heā€™s peobably our best all round athlwte and a beast on the boars.

And he never got inā€¦not likely