Jared Garcia - 2020 PF - transferred to Tulsa

If he can fight off wild boars, we definitely need to get him minutes!

2 Likes

Exactly !

Salt Lake City CC

1 Like

There has to be baggage. Things we donā€™t know about. For him to fall that far.

Could just be the reality of the current transfer portal - fewer landing spots than players in the system.

So he will have 2 years left because of the COVID year correct?

Yes, two more years.

Another player I just donā€™t understand how we let leave.

He had promise.

Why couldnā€™t Sanchez help him actualize his talent.

We could have had Garcia and Young last year instead of Gipson and Aldridge if Sanchez was a better coach.

As we now know, JY was always going to leave if the opportunity presented itself so he could fulfill his dream of playing for the Terps.

Seems like if we were having success that would not have been such an easy decision for him.

Perhaps but that goal had been there before we ever came into the picture.

2 Likes

The goal of almost every player we get will be to play at schools more high profile than we are and now there is money to boot.

The goal of Brice was to play here.

Back to Garcia, I think he could have been something, but his game didnā€™t naturally fit what Ron needed and he was lost on the floor. I think Brice was similar except he stuck it out longer because of his tie to the school.

1 Like

Yep, Garcia was all promise and no delivery.

1 Like

Always the players fault. You and Ron really are a match.

1 Like

Didnā€™t say that, but he looked clueless out there, especially on defense, even after two years, and didnā€™t appear that comfortable dribbling the ball.

Heā€™d probably do better if he just parks it down on the box, since he had a soft shot. But Iā€™d bet he will always be prone to turn overs.

Just observations from watching him play.

Againā€¦a ā€œcoachā€ unable to coach a pkayer and use what akills he does have to benefit the team.

Someone scolded me once saying rhe players knew what the system of Rons was when they came hereā€¦so the ā€œcoachā€
should know what the player is when he recruits them !

1 Like

Are those really Tulsaā€™s uniforms? Those are hideous.

1 Like

Yes, those are Tulsaā€™s colors.

1 Like