Javon Dawson - 2011 PF

Dwight Freeney is 6’1 270 and runs a 4.4 - 40. I can see a guy running a 4.5 at 280. Hell Peppers was at 290 when he ran the 40 in the combine.

FAIL. No offense to Contemptor, but he is dead wrong. I always get a kick when those that have never played organized sports have no clue. It only takes explosive speed to cover the short distance of 40 yards. That’s why some defensive linemen are so effective in a pass rush. Same goes for some linebackers.

FAIL. No offense to Contemptor, but he is dead wrong. I always get a kick when those that have never played organized sports have no clue. It only takes explosive speed to cover the short distance of 40 yards. That’s why some defensive linemen are so effective in a pass rush. Same goes for some linebackers.

[/quote]
I suppose I should have clarified, as I suppose it’s possible, but he’d be faster than 95% of the people that weight that are pro athletes. And this is a juco basketball player… but I won’t argue if you guys want to believe it.

In no way am I trying to hate on this guy, I just thought that was a crazy statement :o

Edit- Btw, after reading that article, it looks like the time was before his injuries freshman or sophmore year. And I’d imagine he’s now taller and weighs a decent amount more.

I wonder how the Thorne signing affects Dawson. He will be visiting Colorado State this weekend.

I can’t imagine it would affect him at all. Thorne is a center and would replace Phil, Dawson is a pf and would replace Shamari.

Going to Colorado State.

OMG, where are the “Recruiting Forum” cops?? lol