Jeff Mullins

We also had some guys that could take it to the basket with Henry Williams, Demarco, Lang, Dinkins could take his man as well. If you look at the video, you can see guys who know basketball, but can take their man one-on-one. We had Cedric Ball and Frank Pressley that were very good players during 87-90. Ball played in the pro’s for awhile. Frank dunked over two guys at the same time during a home game at the old Charlotte coleseum. He got a charge, but I would like to see that on tape again.

We’ve fallen so far.

While Mullins’ teams never had great national success necessarily, he did find 3 guys who’s #s were eventually retired. Pretty impressive for his relatively short tenure.

You mean they never won a post season game, right?

You mean they never won a post season game, right?[/quote]

No, he doesn’t.

You mean they never won a post season game, right?[/quote]

No, he doesn’t.[/quote]

I love Mullins and am thankful for all he did for our program, but sadly he did not win one NIT or NCAA game.

In reporting the death of New York Knick great Willis Reed yesterday, I noticed Jeff Mullins during his NBA days in the article’s picture.

1 Like

Didn’t see anyone mention this in the thread above but I’m pretty sure he also taught at least one class in the BELK school of business at times.

Not sure if that’s done these days.

That was pretty old school.

Do any coaches teach classes these days?

Bobby Lutz taught classes as well. I’m not sure of the class he taught but I did run across him one day on campus and he apologized for not being able to stop and chat because he had to go to teach a class.

comedy central GIF by Drunk History

clt says ron teaches pillars at our architecture school

Loren Hibbs coached a class at one point here. I think it was History of Baseball or something along those lines.

He did! My daughter took it as an elective while she was there. It was a History of Baseball. She needed an easy class while getting her MS in Clinical Exercise Physiology.

1 Like

Speaking of Jeff Mullins, I was with my kids at a card show recently, and I saw this card staring at me. I had to buy it for $2 and add it to my Niner collection. 1970 Topps

5 Likes

I went to Duke basketball camps in the 80s and Jeff Mullins was there to teach kids how to shoot with proper form, ball spin, etc. I watched him knock down shot after shot. Not bad for an Apex Chevy car salesman :grinning: Nothing he taught was different from what others say but I credit him with the foundation to my basketball knowledge.

2 Likes

Always smiled and said “hello” on campus. Same thing with Lutz…

1 Like