Jeopardy

Has anyone been watching Jeopardy lately? The current winner has been on for 16 days and as won around $540,000. Every time I watch him no one is even close to challenging him in final jeopardy.

I watched a little bit of a show a few days ago. At the first commercial break he had about $8000 and the other two contestants were at $0 and -$200.

Wasn’t the previous record 7 or 8 wins?

Is there a limit to how many consecutive times you can compete before they cut him off? Will have to tune in tonight and check it out.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Jun 25 2004, 01:02 PM [b] Is there a limit to how many consecutive times you can compete before they cut him off? Will have to tune in tonight and check it out. [/b]
there used to be, but not anymore

The guy isn’t even that greedy. In final jeopardy the other day he only wagered around $6 or $8K.

this guys is still on?! a friend told me about him last weekend when his streak was 6-7 less than it is now, but it was still rediculous. I haven’t seen a single show (working odd hours), but anyone who can last more than 4 days on that show is amazing.

After Alex retires, I vote this guy to take his spot.

[i]Originally posted by CPA_Niner[/i]@Jun 25 2004, 10:44 AM [b]Has anyone been watching Jeopardy lately? The current winner has been on for 16 days and as won around $540,000. [/b]
That's over $30,000 per show.......that's ridiculous. anytime a champ hits $10,000 it is an accomplishment, $20,000 is amazing, but AVERAGING over $30,000.....wow.

Is he still on?

Yep today makes his 20th day. He’s won over 650,000 dollars!!! :eek:

so according to PTI, Jeopardy is pretaped months in advance, they said this guy actually did this in February…can’t believe the info on how long he goes for and how much he makes hasn’t leaked out yet…

Just got to watch him for the first time. The guy is smart as crap but he’s also VERY conservative with his bets. Had $30,000 going into final Jeopardy, with the other contestants nowhere close, and only bet like $3,400. Of course, the guy doesn’t get a Final Jeopardy question wrong so it doesn’t really matter how much he puts on the line. I don’t see anyone beating him unless he bets the whole wad on Final Jeopardy one night and misses the answer.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Jun 30 2004, 07:20 PM [b]Just got to watch him for the first time. The guy is smart as crap but he's also VERY conservative with his bets. Had $30,000 going into final Jeopardy, with the other contestants nowhere close, and only bet like $3,400. Of course, the guy doesn't get a Final Jeopardy question wrong so it doesn't really matter how much he puts on the line. I don't see anyone beating him unless he bets the whole wad on Final Jeopardy one night and misses the answer.[/b]

Saw him for the first time as well…

Trebek was baiting him to go for the all time single game record($58,000 or something). The next closest tonight was about $10,000 while this guy is sitting at $30,000. He can safely bet $10,000 with no chance of loosing, but he bets $2,400 or something like that…people are saying he is gonna get greedy one day and loose it on a Final Jeopardy bet, but as ridiculously conservative as he is, I don’t see that happening…I wonder how much he would have if he just bet enough so he was guarenteed not to loose everytime?

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Jun 30 2004, 07:20 PM [b] Just got to watch him for the first time. The guy is smart as crap but he's also VERY conservative with his bets. Had $30,000 going into final Jeopardy, with the other contestants nowhere close, and only bet like $3,400. Of course, the guy doesn't get a Final Jeopardy question wrong so it doesn't really matter how much he puts on the line. I don't see anyone beating him unless he bets the whole wad on Final Jeopardy one night and misses the answer. [/b]
Actually I've seen him miss on final jeopardy. He just doesn't bet a whole lot on the final question since he doesn't need too.

I heard they tape 5 episodes a day and it may only be one day a week (read some guy’s experience on the internet), so, he may have spent 4 Friday’s on the Jeopardy set.

No one even appears to be close to beating this guy. I bet whoever finally beats him will lose the next day!

They had a Super Bowl category one week and the question was who threw the longest pass to Muhammand, and no one even chimed in, I was screaming, Jake Delhomme!!! Maybe sports is this guys weakiness.

Personally, I think the only way he loses if he just goes ball to the wall, bets it all on final Jeopardy and gets it wrong. He racks up SO much money during the first two segments, that he’s usually around $15K-$20K ahead of 2nd place going into final Jeopardy. By doing that, there’s virtually no way he can lose unless he bets a lot of money and misses while the other contestants bet it all and get it right. By only betting $3,400 when you have $30K and 2nd place has $10K, you’re guaranteeing yourself another appearance on the show. Some may see it as being cowardly but the guy has won almost a million dollars so I don’t think he’s too concered about being labled “conservative.”

Still going, I bet this guy gets to $1 million. One lady came close to beating him on Friday but he pulled away at the end. Yesterday he was under $20K but no one was close to beating him. Surely there is someone out there that can beat this guy. I kind of like seeing him win but at the same time I want to see the person that can knock him out!!

Has Trebeck ever competed on the show? It drives me nuts when he gives the correct question acting as if it was common knowledge for him. How about we have Alex and Ben Stein go against the current champ, at let Regis give the answers.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Jul 6 2004, 09:00 AM [b] Has Trebeck ever competed on the show? It drives me nuts when he gives the correct question acting as if it was common knowledge for him. How about we have Alex and Ben Stein go against the current champ, at let Regis give the answers. [/b]
If it was like a 3-night series... that would be pretty cool. I'ld put my $$ on the unbeaten guy... I bet alex could hold his own against the normal jeopardy players, but not this guy.
[i]Originally posted by CPA_Niner[/i]@Jul 6 2004, 07:59 AM [b] I kind of like seeing him win but at the same time I want to see the person that can knock him out!! [/b]
I agree but I'd want someone to actually beat him from answering their fair share of questions and not winning simply because he finally chose to bet the whole wad on final jeopardy (and missing it).

It does get a bit boring after a while seeing him mow through people. And if you do happen to beat him, it’s highly unlikely you’ll ever match the run he made, thus making it seem like you just got lucky. Surely there’s someone out there though that can match his intellect.

There are plenty of ridiculously intelligent people who never make the casting cut because they have no personality. Many of them never get an answer wrong either. I haven’t seen this guy, but he’s either one of those or one of the rare smart ones who comes across good on camera.

They ought to put that guy who won the first Who Wants to be a Millionaire up against him. That smug SOB could probably take him. :smiley: