Jermaine Dixon - 2008 PG

No profile yet. We are in competition with Arkansas. There’s an article dated September 10 [URL=http://jucojunction.rivals.com/]here[/URL], but I can’t read it (no subscription)

The younger brother of Juan Dixon (edit: thanks SF!) who played for the Portland Trailblazers (I think he’s on the Raptors now) and retains strong U of Maryland ties (Moxley connection, perhaps?)

He’s a juco at Tallahassee - which has a reputation for picking up BCS-talented basketball players who struggle academically. Remember that 5-star GRCOAT 7’3" foul machine at Kansas State? He couldn’t make the grades so he’s among a strong ‘recruiting’ class at TCC. Dixon’s teammate Dustin Scott was offered scholarships from Georgia, Maryland, Oklahoma, South Florida and Arizona State

[B]HIGH SCHOOL:[/B] Finished his prep career at Maine Central Institute where he played for Ed Jones…at MCI, averaged 19.0 points, 5.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists, and 2.0 steals per game…prior to MCI, attended James Hubert Blake High School and was coached by Damon Pigrom…sixth-ranked shooting guard in the “Old Line State”…averaged 16.0 points, 4.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists, and 3.0 steals per game…a first-team All-Gazette and second-team all-state selection… [URL=http://www.tcc.fl.edu/about_tcc/athletics/tcc_eagle_athletics/men_s_basketball/2006_07_player_bios]link[/URL]

[B]COLLEGE: [/B]Led team in scoring (15.7 ppg), steals (2.3) and assists (4.1) and was 4th in rebounding (4.5 rpg). Scored 31 points against top-ranked Chipola College. 1st team selection with teammate Dustin Scott

hmmm…can’t miss juco point guard? We can’t go wrong!

I realize that point guards and centers are hard to find and it is key to find talented players at those positions…but I’m having a hard time trying to picture a Charlotte rotation with Bowden and Dixon next year…playing with Gerrity, Barnett, Ian, Harris, and Lewis!

The younger brother of Jermaine Dixon who played for the Portland Trailblazers (I think he's on the Raptors now) and retains strong U of Maryland ties (Moxley connection, perhaps?)

I think you mean his brother is Juan Dixon

Rivals.com: Jermaine Dixon profile

TCC.FL.edu: TCC 2006-07 player bios [scroll down to 2nd player for #3 Dixon]

NJCAA.org: Jermaine Dixon 2006-07 stats

I got to see him play last night, lefty combo guard made some nice plays early.

How seriously did we recruit him?