Jim Grobe out at WFU

Any impact to our coaching staff? I know some (a lot) of our guys got poached from Wake, makes you wonder if new openings will cause any shift?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/acc/2013/12/02/coach-jim-grobe-is-resigning-at-wake-forest/3810269/#!

[quote=“C49erMoose, post:1, topic:28452”]Any impact to our coaching staff? I know some (a lot) of our guys got poached from Wake, makes you wonder if new openings will cause any shift?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/acc/2013/12/02/coach-jim-grobe-is-resigning-at-wake-forest/3810269/#![/quote]

The big one is obviously does Wake offer Lambert their head coaching job?

[ul][li]I doubt it. He’s from the Grobe “school” and I think they’ll want to move in another direction.[/li]
[li]Considering his personality, I doubt he’d take the job, but money can be persuasive.[/li]
[li]Lambert can use an offer to up his pay here though.[/li][/ul]
Coach Tall didn’t work at Wake and Coach Mullen left Wake a while back so I don’t think they’re on the radar for head job, and I’d think Wake would need to hire another Grobe “school” coach or someone either had coached with before for them to get the call.

Assistant coaches come and go but I doubt any, even with Wake connections, leave NOW unless its a promotion to Coordinator. Only Ratliff is close to that level yet IMHO. He’s a hell of a recruiter and moved here to get “upward career mobility” so he’s the most likely. Especially with his recruiting record.

If anything we might pick up someone from the current Grobe staff.

Hopefully the adventure of taking a team from zero to FBS will keep them happy and challenged for a few more years. If they can make us a decent FBS team in year 3 or 4 they would have a lot of momentum for a move up. Right now it’s still a work in progress.

Kirk Cameron provides.

No way they look at Lambert, just don’t see that happening. They probably want nothing to do with the Grobe way now. Grobe said he’d like to continue coaching according to Fox 8, that doesn’t seem like retirement, seems like it was resign or be canned.

Lambert’s not making the jump.

There would be a zero percent chance that Lambert would be offered this position. I would say less than zero if that were possible.

From one of the Wake boards:

Brad Lambert would be great, but we all know there’s no chance in that.

That is the only mention I noticed of Lambert. One of the names their fans continue to mention is Lincoln Riley, the OC at ECU. I found that a little surprising.

They will go after Pete Lembo from Ball State. You heard it here first.

clt says they are speaking with Saban.,

He is probably going to hold out for the UNC-chapel hill job if Fedora does not work out.

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:2, topic:28452”][quote=“C49erMoose, post:1, topic:28452”]Any impact to our coaching staff? I know some (a lot) of our guys got poached from Wake, makes you wonder if new openings will cause any shift?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/acc/2013/12/02/coach-jim-grobe-is-resigning-at-wake-forest/3810269/#![/quote]

The big one is obviously does Wake offer Lambert their head coaching job?

[ul][li]I doubt it. He’s from the Grobe “school” and I think they’ll want to move in another direction.[/li]
[li]Considering his personality, I doubt he’d take the job, but money can be persuasive.[/li]
[li]Lambert can use an offer to up his pay here though.[/li][/ul]
Coach Tall didn’t work at Wake and Coach Mullen left Wake a while back so I don’t think they’re on the radar for head job, and I’d think Wake would need to hire another Grobe “school” coach or someone either had coached with before for them to get the call.

Assistant coaches come and go but I doubt any, even with Wake connections, leave NOW unless its a promotion to Coordinator. Only Ratliff is close to that level yet IMHO. He’s a hell of a recruiter and moved here to get “upward career mobility” so he’s the most likely. Especially with his recruiting record.

[size=5]If anything we might pick up someone from the current Grobe staff.[/size][/quote]

That’s my thought… love to add another experienced coach… just dont know if we have any position openings that would allow that to occur…

Was there any mention of JMU’s Head FB Coach being let go on the boards?

Heard he’s good friends with several on our staff, would they try and get him on here?

http://www.jmusports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=14400&ATCLID=209323578

[quote=“BleEDgreen49er, post:13, topic:28452”]Was there any mention of JMU’s Head FB Coach being let go on the boards?

Heard he’s good friends with several on our staff, would they try and get him on here?

http://www.jmusports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=14400&ATCLID=209323578[/quote]

Mathews will most likely be looking for another head coaching job, he’s 61.

[quote=“49r9r, post:8, topic:28452”]From one of the Wake boards:

Brad Lambert would be great, but we all know there’s no chance in that.

That is the only mention I noticed of Lambert. One of the names their fans continue to mention is Lincoln Riley, the OC at ECU. I found that a little surprising.[/quote]

They also mentioned Bobby Lutz. Both equally likely to be Wake’s new coach. haha

clt reports lebo to wfu

Forget their coaches, any of the players want to transfer?

Didn’t even think about that. Will be interesting to see.

Didn’t even think about that. Will be interesting to see.[/quote]Just a reminder, their transfers would have to sit here for 1 season since we will be a transitional FBS program next year.

What about ole’ Chuck Amato for WF? I knew he was in consideration last year for our school.