JMU postgame

Hate seeing turnovers on offense, should be correctable in time. OL really needs to step up, they were supposed to be a strong suit of our team.

Defense stepped up in 2nd half, they were out there quite some time.

I expected a loss, but Iā€™m disappointed in the execution of the offense, it was really bad tonight

Poor weather and an overmatched OL will can kill an inexperienced offense like ours. All of the problems we have are expected with such a young team, and I have no doubt that they will be fixed in time.

Defense did a great job considering the time of possession by JMU.

Johnson isnā€™t getting much time in the pocket and he doesnā€™t handle pressure well.

we played a very good team tonight. We are young but well coached. We are going to be fine.

We are young. We will be better. We have 18 and 19 year olds playing against 22 year olds. JMU also has more players on schollies than we do.

The good
Good showing from the loyal Niner fans.
A few good defensive stands on fourth down.
WE HAVE FOOTBALL!

Many positives echoed here. Proud of defensive effort. Offense has work to do.

Combination of an experienced defense on other side of line, weak effort from OL and bad decisions by QB.

Games like tonight are why I stayed at 5-6 wins for this season. Sure I drove up here because I thought we had a chance.

We clearly are in position to have a real good program, but we canā€™t expect it in year #1

Our roadies look great. Very clean.

Loved that we came out with a spark and got a fast start. Obviously were overmatched and showed our youth but that was nice to see especially after last week.

Keep on keepin on. We have football.

Just got home. We had a great time! Traffic/wreck/fog killed our chances to really tailgate, but we still had a blast. Their total lack of fans was really surprising. It was EMPTY. The only noise in that stadium was coming from their band. For the most part their fans were good. Our fans were solid other than a few who insisted on yelling profanities when there were small children around. No reason for that and it makes our fan base look bad. Even when asked by both our fans and the visiting fans to tone it down they kept up.

Overall great epic first niner football roadtrip!

Two thoughts on JMUā€™s attendance:

1. It rains in C-USA too.

2. The student attendance was terrible. Weā€™ve drawn more students for a menā€™s soccer match in the rain. Iā€™m not exaggerating.

A long time good friend who graduated in '76 went to our first game with me. The only time he had been on campus since his graduation was for a game in Halton in '98. He was impressed with everything EXCEPT some of the UNNECESSARY and UNPROVOKED profanity he heard coming from students and younger fans directed at the Campbellā€™s team and fans. He thought the unprovoked profanity made us look bad. He uses 4 letter words like most of us and tends to use them often on the golf course, but I think it was the way the comments were used that upset him.

We have a long road ahead of us and the last thing we need is to get a bad rep as a fanbase.

My 2 cents.

Do we have any student leadership at all?

Iā€™m excited about having football. That being said, itā€™d be nice to actually have a game that is hanging in the balance at any point in the 2nd half. The actual football games are either us blowing out a lesser opponent or getting blown out by a better opponent.

We need to get better on 3rd downs in a hurry, on both sides of the ball. We still look like we need to recruits some FBS transfers and Juco kids.

On to Presby.

I thought this was a very good showing for our D. Given our Oā€™s desire to return the football to JMU as soon as possible, the D did an excellent job. I think we all knew we were going to lose this game before it started, but it was not a bad showing at all.

A long time good friend who graduated in '76 went to our first game with me. The only time he had been on campus since his graduation was for a game in Halton in '98. He was impressed with everything EXCEPT some of the UNNECESSARY and UNPROVOKED profanity he heard coming from students and younger fans directed at the Campbellā€™s team and fans. He thought the unprovoked profanity made us look bad. He uses 4 letter words like most of us and tends to use them often on the golf course, but I think it was the way the comments were used that upset him.

We have a long road ahead of us and the last thing we need is to get a bad rep as a fanbase.

My 2 cents.[/quote]Tell your friend to go to some other college events, this isnā€™t happening at Charlotte only. It also happens at pretty much any sporting event from college to pros, this point of view is just short-sighted.

My 2 cents.[/quote]Tell your friend to go to some other college events, this isnā€™t happening at Charlotte only. It also happens at pretty much any sporting event from college to pros, this point of view is just short-sighted.[/quote]

Agreed - would be nice for us to rise above it though.

My 2 cents.[/quote]Tell your friend to go to some other college events, this isnā€™t happening at Charlotte only. It also happens at pretty much any sporting event from college to pros, this point of view is just short-sighted.[/quote]

Agreed - would be nice for us to rise above it though.[/quote]I donā€™t see anyone getting beyond it, as long as there arenā€™t racially insensitive comments just have to move on.