Job Posting - Director of Equipment Operations

Just saw this football position posted at https://jobs.uncc.edu

SPA - Position 1239 - Director of Equipment Operations

$28,620 - $34,980

[size=8pt]Minimum Experience/Education[/size] Journey: High School Diploma or equivalent and at this level prepare requisitions, order sales merchandise, maintain detailed inventory records, receiving, delivering, storing, issuing and care of stockroom /warehouse supplies. May perform more skilled processes/procedures (e.g. mail meters). Employees may serve as a technical resource and may train other employees.

[size=8pt]Essential Job Duties[/size]
Manages and oversees all areas of the football equipment room to include the forecasting of equipment needs, allocation, procurement and receipt, maintenance, repair, replacement and proper handling and safe keeping of equipment assets. This position manages and monitors equipment budget expenditures. Employee must be AEMA Certified.

[size=8pt]Other Work/Responsibilities[/size]
Task assigned by Head Football Coach, Associate Athletic Director for Football, Director of Football Operations.

[size=8pt]Departmental Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education[/size]
Preference will be given to the applicants who have previous exerience working with a collegiate football team on equipment.

Job doesn’t appear to be listed anymore?

I see it when I click on SPA. It’s the first one listed. Formal job title is “Support Services Associate - Journey”.

[quote=“emf, post:1, topic:26675”]Just saw this football position posted at https://jobs.uncc.edu

SPA - Position 1239 - Director of Equipment Operations

$28,620 - $34,980

[size=8pt]Minimum Experience/Education[/size] Journey: High School Diploma or equivalent and at this level prepare requisitions, order sales merchandise, maintain detailed inventory records, receiving, delivering, storing, issuing and care of stockroom /warehouse supplies. May perform more skilled processes/procedures (e.g. mail meters). Employees may serve as a technical resource and may train other employees.

[size=8pt]Essential Job Duties[/size]
Manages and oversees all areas of the football equipment room to include the forecasting of equipment needs, allocation, procurement and receipt, maintenance, repair, replacement and proper handling and safe keeping of equipment assets. This position manages and monitors equipment budget expenditures. Employee must be AEMA Certified.

[size=8pt]Other Work/Responsibilities[/size]
Task assigned by Head Football Coach, Associate Athletic Director for Football, Director of Football Operations.

[size=8pt]Departmental Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education[/size]
Preference will be given to the applicants who have previous exerience working with a collegiate football team on equipment.

[/quote]

And who has this title?

And who has this title?
Good question. I looked at the EPA side of things and didn't see that job listed, but there's a position there for Head Athletic Trainer for Football.

Does the salary range seem low? Does to me. Lots of hours throughout the season, lots to keep up with.

Entry level, have to start somewhere to move up the football ladder (just a guess)

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:4, topic:26675”]And who has this title?[/quote]I think it is Darren Spease.

Well we know Darren’s been doing the work but the title is new.

googles AEMA

It didn’t appear to be entry level, requiring some experience doing this at the collegiate level. If I have “Director” in my title, I’d certainly want more, but it’s all relative to all in that position.

How much do you think our Director of Football Operations makes? I bet its not much.

Director of Football Operations is Trevor Lambert. I talked to him at the Wake baseball game and this was the title he told me he was assigned.

Associate Athletic Director for Football - no body knows but we assume Darren Spease will get this title

Director of Football Operations - Trevor Lambert

The two job postings aren’t listed anymore.

They probably already had candidates in mind. Per state law, they have to publically list all jobs.

When I looked at them, they were scheduled to close the application window late last week and early this week. But I’m sure they had a person ready for the job…

Will this new hire report to Judy?