Jobey and the Clippers

He missed the first two games due to a relative’s funeral and played his first game Wednesday night against the Spurs.

Check out his stats, they’ve got him listed as Joe Thomas

http://www.proexposure.com/stories/0715d.cfm

Not bad. 26 minutes, 11 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, and a block!
3-6 from the 3 point line.

Considering Kaman and Wilcox were dominating the scoring not too bad. I looked at the other guys on the team and it looks like Jobey is the best 3 point shooter on the team. Word is Dunleavy is giving him a solid look. He got the most minutes other than Kaman. Go Jobey!

They are brutally thin at the guard spot. It’s probably his best (still slim) shot at making the NBA.

I checked out that site yesterday. I was wondering why he wasn’t listed for the first two games. If he can shoot 50% from three, he can play in the NBA. Thanks for the update.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Jul 16 2004, 07:33 AM [b] I checked out that site yesterday. I was wondering why he wasn't listed for the first two games. If he can shoot 50% from three, he can play in the NBA. Thanks for the update. [/b]
nobody in the history of the NBA has shot 50% from three range. Of course that would put him in the league. :wacko:
[i]Originally posted by metro+Jul 16 2004, 08:13 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (metro @ Jul 16 2004, 08:13 AM)
[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner+Jul 16 2004, 08:24 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LeftyNiner @ Jul 16 2004, 08:24 AM)
Originally posted by metro@Jul 16 2004, 08:13 AM [b]

I just threw it out there. Shoot me. Remember, we want Jobey to do well. :rolleyes:

Jobey’s Italian second division stats 03-04:

Jobey in Italy

Signed with a new Italian second division team on July 12

Anyone know italian? It mentions him playing with the Clippers.

[b]Dopo queste parole del Presidente è stata la volta di Jobey Thomas che da Los Angeles [/b]

Hmmm… I think they are making Jobey the president of Los Angeles. Awesome.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Jul 16 2004, 09:08 AM [b] I just threw it out there. Shoot me. Remember, we want Jobey to do well. :rolleyes:

Jobey’s Italian second division stats 03-04:

Jobey in Italy

Signed with a new Italian second division team on July 12

Anyone know italian? It mentions him playing with the Clippers. [/b]

“tira de 3” sounds like three pointers to me…he shot 42.5% for the season. I wonder if it is NBA range?

The international line was between the college and pro 3 pt lines, but I believe the NCAA finally agreed to move the college one back to international distance.

[i]Originally posted by metro[/i]@Jul 16 2004, 10:14 AM [b] "tira de 3" sounds like three pointers to me....he shot 42.5% for the season. I wonder if it is NBA range? [/b]
Yeah, 42.5 from 3 and 50% from inside the arc. 22 per game. Pretty good numbers. His team finished 2nd to last. The team he's moving to finished near the top. I wonder how much they pay in second division?
[b]nobody in the history of the NBA has shot 50% from three range. Of course that would put him in the league. [/b]

That is not true if you are speaking of a season total.

88-89 Season
Jon Sundvold (Miami)
3pfg% .522

89-90
Steve Kerr
3pfg% .507

And 40% will just get you in the top 20, not top 10.

[i]Originally posted by s9er[/i]@Jul 16 2004, 03:57 PM [b]
[b]nobody in the history of the NBA has shot 50% from three range. Of course that would put him in the league. [/b]

That is not true if you are speaking of a season total.

88-89 Season
Jon Sundvold (Miami)
3pfg% .522

89-90
Steve Kerr
3pfg% .507

And 40% will just get you in the top 20, not top 10. [/b]

that is incorrect.
40.5 is 10th all time.

I stand corrected on a single season.

my point was that 50% as a marker for what would or would not get you on a roster is outrageous. That is like saying, if you went are a QB and made 90% of your completions, you would make the roster.

[b]that is incorrect. 40.5 is 10th all time[/b]

If you had said 40.5% would get you into the top 10 you would have a point. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: