Joe Thompson 2016 QB - verbal to Charlotte

@CharlotteRivals: . #Charlotte49ers get a verbal commitment from QB Joe Thompson of Stone Bridge HS (Va). #StateofCharlotte @rivals @vaprepsrod @vapreps

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Joe-Thompson-166127

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3427845/joe-thompson

This is interesting. Has no other offers and his high school numbers arenā€™t mind blowing. I also find it interesting that heā€™s a pro style QB.

The bigger concern for me is that this thread has zero responses. We get a QB commit in football and nothing but crickets???

He might not be a qb here.

[quote=ā€œRuckus42, post:2, topic:29506ā€]This is interesting. Has no other offers and his high school numbers arenā€™t mind blowing. I also find it interesting that heā€™s a pro style QB.

The bigger concern for me is that this thread has zero responses. We get a QB commit in football and nothing but crickets???[/quote]

NCAA tournament.

[quote=ā€œGassman, post:4, topic:29506ā€][quote=ā€œRuckus42, post:2, topic:29506ā€]This is interesting. Has no other offers and his high school numbers arenā€™t mind blowing. I also find it interesting that heā€™s a pro style QB.

The bigger concern for me is that this thread has zero responses. We get a QB commit in football and nothing but crickets? ??? ??? ?[/quote]

NCAA tournament.[/quote]plus this place is always dead on weekends, especially on Saturday night / Sunday.

Throw in the amazing weather and you have a recipe for a dead board

[quote=ā€œRuckus42, post:2, topic:29506ā€]This is interesting. Has no other offers and his high school numbers arenā€™t mind blowing. I also find it interesting that heā€™s a pro style QB.

The bigger concern for me is that this thread has zero responses. We get a QB commit in football and nothing but crickets???[/quote]

Donā€™t worry about the offers, still early too.

Offered a while ago so I like that.

Coachā€™s son (like Barden). Lambert has good relationship with stone bridge. Olineman from there on team already (too lazy to look up). Wake had 3-4 guys from there that lambert was lead recruiter on.

Good to have future qb and rb committed.

Welcome to Charlotte.

[quote=ā€œninerID, post:7, topic:29506ā€]Offered a while ago so I like that.

Coachā€™s son (like Barden). Lambert has good relationship with stone bridge. Olineman from there on team already (too lazy to look up). Wake had 3-4 guys from there that lambert was lead recruiter on.

Welcome to Charlotte.[/quote]

Well said.

Yea thought I saw something where he may be recruited as an Ath and not a QB

No matter the position. Welcome to Charlotte Joe. You will love it here.

I thought his highlights looked good, just not sure how much zip he has on the ball. Welcome to Charlotte Joe!!

Heā€™s got good size at 6ā€™1 200 - could probably play several positions.

Welcome to Niner Nation Joe!

Some of those throws looked like he fit it in some small windows, plus he was accurate on the deep ball.

Some of those throws looked like he fit it in some small windows, plus he was accurate on the deep ball.[/quote]

Yes I agree about some of the throws fitting in small windows. Iā€™m not saying he didnā€™t have zip on his throws, I just couldnā€™t tell by looking at the film. I think he looked really good. Looks quick and shifty in the pocket or when running.

Some of those throws looked like he fit it in some small windows, plus he was accurate on the deep ball.[/quote]

Yes I agree about some of the throws fitting in small windows. Iā€™m not saying he didnā€™t have zip on his throws, I just couldnā€™t tell by looking at the film. I think he looked really good. Looks quick and shifty in the pocket or when running.[/quote]

Oh no, I wasnā€™t disagreeing with you, because I actually thought the same thing. I would have liked to have seen more clips of him making intermediate throws across the middle or more out routes. That way I could be able to better judge his zip on the ball from the film.

[quote=ā€œninerID, post:7, topic:29506ā€]Offered a while ago so I like that.

Welcome to Charlotte.[/quote]

Nate Davis came from Stone Bridge.
http://www.charlotte49ers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209539184&DB_OEM_ID=23200

Welcome to Charlotte Joe.

Washington Post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/recruiting-insider/wp/2015/03/27/stone-bridge-qb-joe-thompson-chooses-charlotte/

ā€œThe atmosphere has been great every time Iā€™ve been there, and after getting to watch practice and learn about their system, I felt like it would be a good fit for the way I play,ā€ Thompson said.

Charlotteā€™s offense is based on zone reads, allowing its quarterbacks to run the ball and make plays based on what the defense shows.

Thanks for posting that article, thatā€™s an impressive list of schools that were showing interest in him. You have to feel good as a Charlotte fan when recruits speak so highly of what we have to offer :).

Good article on this upcoming season for Joe and his team.

First game not til 9/4