Joe Thompson 2016 QB - verbal to Charlotte

Had six total TDs to lead his squad to the state title game.

[quote="_BL_Niner, post:21, topic:29506"]https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/highschools/joe-thompson-stone-bridge-bully-their-way-past-tuscarora-in-va-5a-north-title-game/2015/12/04/ca27ab7e-9ac6-11e5-94f0-9eeaff906ef3_story.html

Had six total TDs to lead his squad to the state title game.[/quote]

clt says he is tebow like.

Stone Bridge quarterback [url=https://www.washingtonpost.com/pb/allmetsports/stone-bridge/joe-thompson/]Joe Thompson[/url] is a bare-armed beast of a ballcarrier bigger than most linebackers, so he runs in search of contact.

That’s a nice way to open an article. 11 of 15 passes for 223 yards and three touchdowns and ran 18 times for 99 yards and three touchdowns.

[quote=“s9er, post:23, topic:29506”]

Stone Bridge quarterback Joe Thompson is a bare-armed beast of a ballcarrier bigger than most linebackers, so he runs in search of contact.

That’s a nice way to open an article. 11 of 15 passes for 223 yards and three touchdowns and ran 18 times for 99 yards and three touchdowns.[/quote]Sounds a lot like Matt Johnson honestly.

[quote=“Niner National, post:24, topic:29506”][quote=“s9er, post:23, topic:29506”]

Stone Bridge quarterback Joe Thompson is a bare-armed beast of a ballcarrier bigger than most linebackers, so he runs in search of contact.

That’s a nice way to open an article. 11 of 15 passes for 223 yards and three touchdowns and ran 18 times for 99 yards and three touchdowns.[/quote]Sounds a lot like Matt Johnson honestly.[/quote]

except for the 11-15 part 8)

[quote=“s9er, post:25, topic:29506”][quote=“Niner National, post:24, topic:29506”][quote=“s9er, post:23, topic:29506”]

That’s a nice way to open an article. 11 of 15 passes for 223 yards and three touchdowns and ran 18 times for 99 yards and three touchdowns.[/quote]Sounds a lot like Matt Johnson honestly.[/quote]

except for the 11-15 part 8)[/quote]

Well, to be fair, he only played on like 10 downs per game, and half were designed for running. /thread-hijack

15 passes in a high school game is nothing. I’m totally shocked that we are recruiting a Single-Wing (1950s offense) QB. Hopefully he is a diamond in the rough.

He will work great in our 4 QB rotation.

He will work great in our 4 QB rotation.[/quote]

Actually would be a five QB rotation. Klugh is eligible next year also. First person I thought of when I read the article was Matt also.

I hope Thompson comes in and is a stud QB. He seems like a competitor.

I think this player has potential to be an asset to our team.

He will work great in our 4 QB rotation.[/quote]

Surely he will redshirt next year and then Matt and Lee will be gone his first year of play. At that point Barden and Klugh will be juniors and it will be time to bring in another QB for the future as well, right?

I don’t believe Klugh will be our starting QB next year. He struggled bad as a freshman at A&T. I believe we will bring in a starter.

If we had a QB, we would be getting ready for a bowl game right now. The staff has to know this.

[quote=“Ruckus42, post:32, topic:29506”]I don’t believe Klugh will be our starting QB next year. He struggled bad as a freshman at A&T. I believe we will bring in a starter.

If we had a QB, we would be getting ready for a bowl game right now. The staff has to know this.[/quote]

Too bad we were not bowl eligible our first year in FCS. But your right, were a QB and punter away from being well above schedule with our program.

[quote=“trickynbc, post:33, topic:29506”][quote=“Ruckus42, post:32, topic:29506”]I don’t believe Klugh will be our starting QB next year. He struggled bad as a freshman at A&T. I believe we will bring in a starter.

If we had a QB, we would be getting ready for a bowl game right now. The staff has to know this.[/quote]

Too bad we were not bowl eligible our first year in FCS. But your right, were a QB and punter away from being well above schedule with our program.[/quote]

We would have had to put in a waiver to get in a bowl game this year. If we had won 6 games, we might have had a shot since they had to allow some 5 win teams into bowls this year. App was denied when they did it last year.

As far as our QBs go, I would be very surprised if our starting QB for next season is currently on our roster.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles”]I would be very surprised if our starting QB for next season is currently on our roster.
[/b][/quote]

I agree. I like all of our guys- I’m sure they are all good people. Unfortunately none of them are great quarterbacks at this level of play. Perhaps Barden, but I seriously doubt he has the growth we need in just one year. We need to recruit a quality JuCo or 5th year FBS player.

This year since there weren’t enough teams with 6 wins, they allowed transitioning teams to go to a bowl.