Jon Davis Scores Points

The assist record looks out of reach. Missing the tournament 2 years in a row hasnā€™t helped.

Looks like heā€™s going to be comfortably in 3rd

Henry 2383
Lew 2149
JD 2056

I say JD should go Kobe at the Rice game and take every shot.

Jon should have 2nd easily. I really hate the way things have worked out for him.

Heā€™s barely had conference tourney games, much less post season, AND we lost the USF game this year.

I hope Sanchez will put the ā€œiā€ in team for Wednesdayā€™s game and see if Jon can
go off for 45 and take that record as well.

I donā€™t think Sanchez is going to let that happen. Fans and coaches have very different mindsets.

1 Like

I agree and under normal circumstance I wouldnā€™t do it either.
But we have nothing to gain by playing the system in this game and
Jon has endured more than probably any other player thatā€™s been here.
5 coaches in 4 years and teammate transfersā€¦I think it would be a nice gestureā€¦
kinda like calling a timeout Saturday and setting up a 3 attempt for Haslem.

5 coaches?

Alan Major, Ryan Odom, Mark Price, Houston Fancher, Ron Sanchez

Edit: Or did he come in with Price as his first coach?

Came in with Price. Your point stands though - played is ass off through a terrible period of Charlotte basketball, same with P Henry and Braswell. We have wasted some serious talent over the last 10-15 years.

2 Likes

Youā€™re rightā€¦I donā€™t know why I was thinking he came in under Majorā€¦long season ! Long 4 seasons !

That Lew Massey total is impressive for 2 reasonsā€¦ He finished with 49 at the endā€¦ and he scored 2149 points without the benefit of the 3 point shot

2 Likes

Massey was a scoring machine. And he had to share the ball with Maxwell and Chad Kinch.

1 Like

And Kevin King

2 Likes

Not to take anything away from Lew but he played a lot more games than Davis as he went to tournaments, the NIT and all the way to the final four. So it balances out that he did not have the three point shot as Davis but he had more games

Looking over team records and Massey played in 111 games. Including the final two vs Rice, Davis will have appeared in 10 more for a total of 121.

1 Like

My bad. Should have checked records rather than just assuming Lew played in more games because he went to the NIT & Final Four

1 Like

If Lew had the three point line his total would have been much higher. Many if not most of his shots came from beyond where the line is now.