JT Thompson

Sad news - As I am sure almost all of you know, JT suffered another ACL injury. It is very likely that his basketball career is over.

Just wanted to express some gratitude for his efforts this season and the senior leadership he has provided. Best of luck rehabbing that injury, and good luck in the future, JT.

Yup, has to be frustrating for him. Him and dew fell from the same tree. Just no luck when it comes to basketball health. He was out there passing balls during shoot around. Hey if Thomas Davis can do it… JTT can do it and try for a paycheck over seas. Stay positive.

[quote=“cibik02, post:2, topic:27477”]Yup, has to be frustrating for him. Him and dew fell from the same tree. Just no luck when it comes to basketball health. He was out there passing balls during shoot around. Hey if Thomas Davis can do it… JTT can do it and try for a paycheck over seas. Stay positive.[/quote]JTT doesn’t have an NFL staff to rehab him, kind of a gap there.

Feel bad for him. Would’ve liked to see him play out the year at least semi-healthy, but I know the knees had been giving him trouble even before this injury. So a big thanks to him for his contributions, and good luck in the future.

I hate that it was what we all feared it would be. JTT seems like a good man and I wish him all the best. I think he did provide some leadership to this team, and I think he would have settled us down a little last night. He also gave us a different type interior player than Clayton and Clark in that he can actually hit a shot from outside of 3 feet.
I hope that he can get healthy again soon and enjoy whatever he chooses from here on out. Glad he was with us for a year and he will always be a 9er.

I was very excited that he chose to play here. This news made me sad. Wish him the best.

[quote=“Iron9er, post:5, topic:27477”]I hate that it was what we all feared it would be. JTT seems like a good man and I wish him all the best. I think he did provide some leadership to this team, and I think he would have settled us down a little last night. He also gave us a different type interior player than Clayton and Clark in that he can actually hit a shot from outside of 3 feet.
I hope that he can get healthy again soon and enjoy whatever he chooses from here on out. Glad he was with us for a year and he will always be a 9er.[/quote]

Charlotte49ers.com: Thompson Suffers Knee Injury

Charlotteobserver.com: J.T. Thompson out with 3rd knee injury in 3 years

Is it safe to assume he will still remain a part of the team and sit with the team during games, etc? I liked his attitude and he can be a positive influence on the bench.

I would certainly hope that is the case.

I am appreciative of the leadership JTT brought to this team. I hope he enjoys being a gradstudent here.

I would certainly hope that is the case.[/quote]

I think it should be. I sure hope so anyway.