Judy Rose, heart of the problem?

During my 10 years of keeping up with athletics at charlotte I have heard little about rose but what I have heard has been generally unflattering. No push or endorsement of football, wavering about bobby. From what I know she seems to be hardly a strong prescence and takes a strong stance on almost nothing, or at least you never hear of it. can someone with a little more knowledge shed light on her successed/failures and what kind of AD she is? As long as we are analyzing everyone.

[ATTACH]803[/ATTACH]

:lmao:
NICE

:lmao: Nice Survivor!

no way

[QUOTE=survivor45;232374][ATTACH]803[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

LMAO !

He’s panting, isn’t he.

LOL! Nice one survivor!

[QUOTE=DownwithNBA;232370]During my 10 years of keeping up with athletics at charlotte I have heard little about rose but what I have heard has been generally unflattering. No push or endorsement of football, wavering about bobby. From what I know she seems to be hardly a strong prescence and takes a strong stance on almost nothing, or at least you never hear of it. can someone with a little more knowledge shed light on her successed/failures and what kind of AD she is? As long as we are analyzing everyone.[/QUOTE]

Little know fact: Judy is also the one that suggested to Bush we invade Iraq. She told him the war would only last a couple of months, we wouldn’t lose any American Soldiers and that the people would greet us as liberators…

DownwithNBA - The real heart of the problem is the Charlotte Observer sports editor.

Start a thread.

i dont trust her to help select a coach. i mean orlando early. who is that. i know she is going to rush into a decision should bobby leave without looking for the best candidate.

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;232410]i dont trust her to help select a coach. i mean orlando early. who is that. i know she is going to rush into a decision should bobby leave without looking for the best candidate.[/QUOTE]

Since you seem to have so much more experience, tell us who our next coach should be???

Survivor, that may be the funniest thing I’ve seen on here since page 64 of the 49er diva thread.

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;232410]i dont trust her to help select a coach. i mean orlando early. who is that. i know she is going to rush into a decision should bobby leave without looking for the best candidate.[/QUOTE]

My beef with her was how we got Melvin and Bobby. When Mullins left he almost hand delivered Melvin to Judy, instead she had a national search before coming back to Melvin. When Melvin left and we should have had a big national search she handed the job to Bobby.

I also blame her and Woodward and overall poor leadership for where we find ourselves now…

i think she doesnt care if we take the step to become a big time basketball and athletic program. i think shes happy with where we are now as long as she has a job. as far as who we should hire, johnny dawkins. as i said before good asst. coach, knows the dc area. i think he would jump at the chance to become a head coach and i believe this is a good job. it would also bring a lot of attention to the program.

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;232385]Little know fact: Judy is also the one that suggested to Bush we invade Iraq. She told him the war would only last a couple of months, we wouldn’t lose any American Soldiers and that the people would greet us as liberators…[/QUOTE]
You’ve been listening to Mark Packer again, haven’t you?

:smile:

[QUOTE=WBNiner;232413]My beef with her was how we got Melvin and Bobby. When Mullins left he almost hand delivered Melvin to Judy, instead she had a national search before coming back to Melvin. When Melvin left and we should have had a big national search she handed the job to Bobby.

I also blame her and Woodward and overall poor leadership for where we find ourselves now…[/QUOTE]

So let me get this straight: Your mad at her because she didn’t just hire and unproven assistant coach and looked at all her options AND your mad at her because she just hired an unproven assistant and didn’t look at all her option???

Besides making no sense, it is so factually wrong it’s sad.

First, Mullins had built the program to a level were it made no sense not to look at all her options before she decided Melvin would be the best coach for the program.

Second, she HAD a national search when Melvin left and interviewed Matt Doherty and Richard Williams and then decided Bobby would be the best coach to lead the program.

Now for her poor leadership: Did you disapprove of her poor leadership that got us into Conference USA???
What about the poor leadership that has led us to having the best facilites of any school in our current conference???

Hopefully everyone is smart enough to realize that Judy could not brought us football while Woodward was Chancellor. He didn’t want it, so it was never going to happen.

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;232417]i think she doesnt care if we take the step to become a big time basketball and athletic program. i think shes happy with where we are now as long as she has a job. as far as who we should hire, johnny dawkins. as i said before good asst. coach, knows the dc area. i think he would jump at the chance to become a head coach and i believe this is a good job. it would also bring a lot of attention to the program.[/QUOTE]

Knows the DC area??? Is that why Geogetown hired him?? Oh wait, thats right they didn’t. Please tell me all that great DC area players that Dawkins has brought into the program??? Ok, just name one??

Since this is a reoccuring theme of importance. For the record, I know the DC area. I took a trip there in 8th grade. I am very familiar with Ford’s Theatre, The Lincoln Monument and the Smithsonian.

Judy Rose does not know the D.C. area.

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;232421]Knows the DC area??? Is that why Geogetown hired him?? Oh wait, thats right they didn’t. Please tell me all that great DC area players that Dawkins has brought into the program??? Ok, just name one??[/QUOTE]
There is only [B]one[/B], and I’m not sure if Johnny Dawkins recruited him… Nate James, 1997-2001. He is the [B]only[/B] player from the DC area who played at Duke since Dawkins became an assistant ten years ago.

Source: [URL=http://dukeupdate.com/Alumni/alumni_list.htm][B]Alphabetical Alumni List[/B][/URL], DukeUpdate.com