Judy Rose should be in Charlotte 49ers "Hall Of Fame"

The forum under the title “Judy Rose should resign” has to be one of the most ridiculous forums ever! She should in fact be in the Charlotte 49er “Hall Of Fame”. Anyone that has followed Judy’s career at Charlotte; coaching hires, facilities built & upgraded, money raised, & representation in the NCAA would rank her as one of the top Athletic Directors in any conference. She has hires in many sports that have taken 49ers programs to success on a national level & competed for National Championships. Her women’s basketball coaching hires; now head coaches at Florida, Miami, & Texas & our present coach’s team with votes in the top 25 in the nation have been beyond compare. Her hires for soccer, golf, baseball coaches have also all been extemely sucessful on a national level & competed in national tournaments & champioships. Facilities for basketball (Halton), baseball (Hayes), football (McColl, Richardson), soccer, softball, & golf have all been built under her guidance. There is not enough space here to name her accomplishments as coach & A. D. at Charlotte, as well as her leadership roles in conferences & the NCAAcommittees. Certainly no one is perfect but Judy Rose has been & is one of the best A. D.'s around & we are exteremely fortunate to have her as our A. D. at Charlotte.

Shouldn’t you be out doing what a person who works for the Athletic Department does instead of playing around on this message board?

lol

hky does make some good points. Our mens bball has been in the crapper for six or seven years, but everything else has flourished, and our facilities are amazing. She has had a hand in EVERYTHING football related, and it has been handled beautifully.

I’m not saying she’s perfect, but she has brought a lot of good things to our athletics.

I think both forums are correct. She should resign b/c as we have grown as a school she has proven to be a bit out of her element. (See passing up on football 8 years ago.) We probably will need an AD with big six experience to take us to the nex level.

For all that she has done to get us to this point she should be in the Niner HOF.

Her best move as AD was using her “fantasy dollars” comment to get the fanbase riled up and willing to donate.

She’s been an effective AD. Not all actions have had the best effect necessarily; Lutz contract debacle being the biggest objective black eye I know of, but I think our overall performance in all sports cumulatively illustrates that she’s been anything but apathetic with respect to being as competitive as possible. Golf #1 in the Nation, Soccer NCAA Runner up, Baseball 40 win seasons are expected, Track and Field owning the A10, Football initiated (arguably too late, but I blame Woodward before Judy), great facilities, and all on a modest budget.

Basketball is the flagship, and I agree it’s been on the decline since 2005, but I’m certain it eats away at her as much as it does us. We will find our way, I’m sure of it. Judy’s legacy will be a positive one.

I’ll balance out my positives with some negatives. Our TV situation is an absolute joke. Back in the mid 90’s and early 00’s, we were on TV alllll the time, on basic cable, regardless of whether we were good or not. Now we get excited about a couple games on WJZY. That’s pathetic.
The donor base is pretty sad too. I don’t make a ton of money, and therefore can’t donate a lot, yet I still rank pretty good (in the 900’s) in the 49er Club. We crank out thousands of new alum every year, and it seems like nothing changes or grows with regards to alumni donations.
Hopefully some football success will help with each of these things. Oh yeah… getting football 10 years later than we should have, that’s another thing…

Btw, there is no 49ers Hall of Fame. There should be, though.

[quote=“Chisox17, post:8, topic:27575”]I’ll balance out my positives with some negatives. Our TV situation is an absolute joke. Back in the mid 90’s and early 00’s, we were on TV alllll the time, on basic cable, regardless of whether we were good or not. Now we get excited about a couple games on WJZY. That’s pathetic.
The donor base is pretty sad too. I don’t make a ton of money, and therefore can’t donate a lot, yet I still rank pretty good (in the 900’s) in the 49er Club. We crank out thousands of new alum every year, and it seems like nothing changes or grows with regards to alumni donations.
Hopefully some football success will help with each of these things. Oh yeah… getting football 10 years later than we should have, that’s another thing…[/quote]

Our radio deal is also putrid.

[quote=“hky49er, post:1, topic:27575”]The forum under the title “Judy Rose should resign” has to be one of the most ridiculous forums ever! She should in fact be in the Charlotte 49er “Hall Of Fame”. Anyone that has followed Judy’s career at Charlotte; coaching hires, facilities built & upgraded, money raised, & representation in the NCAA would rank her as one of the top Athletic Directors in any conference. She has hires in many sports that have taken 49ers programs to success on a national level & competed for National Championships. Her women’s basketball coaching hires; now head coaches at Florida, Miami, & Texas & our present coach’s team with votes in the top 25 in the nation have been beyond compare. Her hires for soccer, golf, baseball coaches have also all been extemely sucessful on a national level & competed in national tournaments & champioships. Facilities for basketball (Halton), baseball (Hayes), football (McColl, Richardson), soccer, softball, & golf have all been built under her guidance. There is not enough space here to name her accomplishments as coach & A. D. at Charlotte, as well as her leadership roles in conferences & the NCAAcommittees. Certainly no one is perfect but Judy Rose has been & is one of the best A. D.'s around & we are exteremely fortunate to have her as our A. D. at Charlotte.[/quote]Track & Field has also flourished under her leadership. I have always been impressed with her coaching hires. I believe by the end of next year we will look at Alan Major as another good hire.

[quote=“Chisox17, post:8, topic:27575”]I’ll balance out my positives with some negatives. Our TV situation is an absolute joke. Back in the mid 90’s and early 00’s, we were on TV alllll the time, on basic cable, regardless of whether we were good or not. Now we get excited about a couple games on WJZY. That’s pathetic.
Hopefully some football success will help with each of these things. Oh yeah… getting football 10 years later than we should have, that’s another thing…[/quote]

Well our school does like to drop a few deuces on the alumni base from time to time. I have a freind who almost lost her Spanish minor when they updated the ciriculumn and they (Charlotte) forgot to grandfather her in. She was told that they were sorry for the accident but that she would now have to complete the new ciriculumn if she wanted to get it. Thankfully they changed their stance and she got it. This happened about a month before graduation.

Then there is my own experience with the school. I did pretty well while at Charlotte and was given a fairly small award for some extra work I had done. Not a big deal but it is on my diplomas and I liked knowing I had done it. Well two years after I graduated my records where “updated” and the award was removed from my transcript. I told the registers office as well as our Provos and the best they ever offered was that if I sent them my two diplomas they would send me two new diplomas with the honor removed.

I have more stories of similar events, so I do understand why some people do not want to hand their money over to a school that does not seem to care about its alumni.

If that was only what she meant to do…

There is an alumni hall of fame. Bobby Lutz was inducted in 2002, Maxwell 1996, Watkins 1997. Not much athletic representation though.

http://alumni.uncc.edu/get-involved/alumni-awards/alumni-hall-fame

There is an alumni hall of fame. Bobby Lutz was inducted in 2002, Maxwell 1996, Watkins 1997. Not much athletic representation though.

http://alumni.uncc.edu/get-involved/alumni-awards/alumni-hall-fame[/quote]

Until they put Skoddy in we know it’s all a joke.

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:2, topic:27575”]Shouldn’t you be out doing what a person who works for the Athletic Department does instead of playing around on this message board?[/quote] I have never worked for the Athletic Dept. or Foundation. I have been a season ticket holder & contributer to the Athletic Foundation since the days of Lew Massey, Cedrick Maxwell, & George Jackson days, so I have some background of knowledge about the history & growth of our athlectic programs. I have been there & watched our athhletic programs mature & grow from infancy. Much of this growth & success is due to the leadership of Judy Rose as Athlectic Director. That is why I come to her defense on this undeserved criticism by some on this forum who show so little knowledge of her or her succesful career as our Athlectic Director. She deserves nothing but our praise, & certainly does not deserve the unjustified criticism on this forum.

Nothing but? So you mean she has never messed up? Ever? I am sure even she would argue with that. NWA thinks you are wearing Rose colored glasses.

[quote=“hky49er, post:16, topic:27575”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:2, topic:27575”]Shouldn’t you be out doing what a person who works for the Athletic Department does instead of playing around on this message board?[/quote] I have never worked for the Athletic Dept. or Foundation. I have been a season ticket holder & contributer to the Athletic Foundation since the days of Lew Massey, Cedrick Maxwell, & George Jackson days, so I have some background of knowledge about the history & growth of our athlectic programs. I have been there & watched our athhletic programs mature & grow from infancy. Much of this growth & success is due to the leadership of Judy Rose as Athlectic Director. That is why I come to her defense on this undeserved criticism by some on this forum who show so little knowledge of her or her succesful career as our Athlectic Director. She deserves nothing but our praise, & certainly does not deserve the unjustified criticism on this forum.[/quote]Anyone that has been here through Pratt, Wissell, and the A-10 is okay by me.

Nothing but? So you mean she has never messed up? Ever? I am sure even she would argue with that. NWA thinks you are wearing Rose colored glasses.[/quote]I see what you did there.

I am not ant-Judy, she gets praise when she deserves it and she gets criticism when she deserves it.

Do you think she shouldn’t be criticized for giving a coach on the hot seat a 5 year extension and then firing him the next season?