Judy Rose should be in Charlotte 49ers "Hall Of Fame"

Nothing but? So you mean she has never messed up? Ever? I am sure even she would argue with that. NWA thinks you are wearing Rose colored glasses.[/quote]I did mean to imply she is perfect, just that she deserves our praise for what she has for our program. No one is perfect! If you desire perfection in anyone, you should demand it of yourself.

I am not ant-Judy, she gets praise when she deserves it and she gets criticism when she deserves it.

Do you think she shouldn’t be criticized for giving a coach on the hot seat a 5 year extension and then firing him the next season?[/quote]You must think the Chancellor had nothing to do with Bobby’s firing.

I am not ant-Judy, she gets praise when she deserves it and she gets criticism when she deserves it.

Do you think she shouldn’t be criticized for giving a coach on the hot seat a 5 year extension and then firing him the next season?[/quote]You must think the Chancellor had nothing to do with Bobby’s firing.[/quote]

So all the criticism should be on the Chancellor of the University and not on the Director of the Athletic Department?

Bobby flirted with the University of South Alabama and then we give him an extension after a NIT season. South Alabama.
What leverage did Bobby have for the next season for a 5 year extension? That he was going to walk and take a job in the Big South?

You’d fit in well in North Korea.

Why did chapel hill phill want bobby gone?

Do you think she shouldn’t be criticized for giving a coach on the hot seat a 5 year extension and then firing him the next season?[/quote]You must think the Chancellor had nothing to do with Bobby’s firing.[/quote]

Judy makes the final decision not chapel hill phill. She is a weak ad if she won’t stand up to him.

Hell most people here thought it was time for Bobby to go, so I don’t think you can put any blame on Judy for that. Now the contract, well there should be a lot of blame there. I agree Judy has done good for the university and honestly she’s a solid Athletic Director. People act like we are going to get the next host shot of an athletic director who does every thing but right. Hey, blind luck happens, but honestly speaking if Judy were to go and we did find someone better, I doubt he’d be here very long.

See Xavier’s Bobinski, see VCU’s AD, all the really good AD’s tend to wind up like the really good coaches, they move up the ladder to more exposure/higher paying jobs.

Guys, we’re really good at sports no one gives a care about!

Go tell the shareholders of your company that while your product is failing, your janitors are keeping things really clean!

Succeed in real sports (basketball/football are your REAL products) or get out.

[quote=“eason49, post:28, topic:27575”]Guys, we’re really good at sports no one gives a care about!

Go tell the shareholders of your company that while your product is failing, your janitors are keeping things really clean!

Succeed in real sports (basketball/football are your REAL products) or get out.[/quote] On behalf of track and field, tennis, softball, etc and myself; GFY.

[quote=“eason49, post:28, topic:27575”]Guys, we’re really good at sports no one gives a care about!

Succeed in real sports (basketball/football are your REAL products) or get out.[/quote]

Last time I checked Universities are not Professional Franchises. While the line has been blurred, a University and particularly its Athletic Department has a responsibility to all student-athletes.

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:30, topic:27575”][quote=“eason49, post:28, topic:27575”]Guys, we’re really good at sports no one gives a care about!

Succeed in real sports (basketball/football are your REAL products) or get out.[/quote]

Last time I checked Universities are not Professional Franchises. While the line has been blurred, a University and particularly its Athletic Department has a responsibility to all student-athletes.[/quote]

The AD most certainly does have that responsibility, but they also have to be aware that money making sports help make everything else possible. Spending too much time and effort on non revenue sports at the expense of the big dogs is a recipe for disaster. You just have to find a healthy balance. Student-athletes of all sports should find support from the school and AD, but the school also should be well aware which of those sports is bringing a return.