Just got home

It was a great game. Problem was, I didn’t really know who to pull for. :lol:

My personal take on the game and Memphis:

Memphis is very, very talented.

Memphis can hit their free-throws.

Memphis choked their last few posessions and Texas didn’t

The biggest reason Memphis lost was that their 3-pt shooting was abyssmal.

I have never seen so many blocked shots by one team in my life. It was a block party. The Tigers were playing a very rough and physical game, and they have very long arms. I hope Withers doesn’t turn the ball over 7 times to them. They did get into foul trouble very early.

Our game against them will not be a gimme.

All this said, Memphis will not make the NCAA tournament.

Did you see the Texas kid sucker punch the Memphis player in the stomach?

Did you see Memphis suck?

[b]Did you see Memphis suck?[/b]

Nice. :smiley:

Didn’t see the sucker-punch though, but did see him go down. We thought he had been hit in the nads or something. Did see Memphis suck, though. The last 1:30 was hard to watch.

[i]Originally posted by VA49er[/i]@Jan 7 2005, 06:09 AM [b] Did you see the Texas kid sucker punch the Memphis player in the stomach? [/b]
I did... that was dirty. If one of the officials would have seen it he would have been ejected.

My favorite play was Darius Washington dribbling outside the arc and tripping over the very dense air they have in Austin and coughing the ball up. Beautiful.

[i]Originally posted by VA49er[/i]@Jan 7 2005, 06:09 AM [b] Did you see the Texas kid sucker punch the Memphis player in the stomach? [/b]
Somebody did....

Sucker Punch

Klotz is also the one who got arrested for beating his girlfriend. This dude has soem serious problems

Memphis is starting to play better, which isn’t good news for us. They will be in the top of the CUSA if they keep playing like this. It’s hard to argue than any CUSA team is better than Texas, and Memphis was a few plays away from a win last night. Plus they are getting back their injured player(whose name I can’t remember right now for some reason) in a week or two. They will need to get out of CUSA play with only 2-3 losses which probably isn’t going to happen for them in order to get to the NCAA tourny. But they are going to be much more like the preseason top 25 team than a 7 loss OOC team if they keep playing like they have the last two games.

On a related note, there’s some grumbling among Memphis fans that Sean Banks will be booted from the team and/or transfer at some point. If they boot him soon it will probably be good for the team, talent goes down, but team play goes up. If they keep it undecided, seems like Banks is the type of player who would just cause more problems for the remainder of the season. Just a rumor at this point, but seems to be picking up steam among the Memphis people.