Just one observation from an ECU fan.

I’m really sorry to say this, but you guys are pathetically bad losers. You impune our academic standing, you mock our athletic program, you degrade our graduates and you pity our fans. Well, 49er fans, you should remember one thing: YOU AREN’T CAROLINA! You haven’t had a good basketball team that long. You may not be good next year. You go around acting like you are a perennial Tourney team. You aren’t ranked. You may think you are, but you aren’t. Your baseball team cannot compete with ours. And speaking of academics; I don’t see any Nobel Prize winnning scientists coming out of UNCC either. We are proud of our heritage and achievements. We put out more teachers than any other school in the state. We have a world-class cardio-vascular program at our medical school. We have the states only general engineering program (I know you have engineering, but ours is unlike yours). So, do yourselves a favor and focus on your next game instead of how “uneducated and unathletic” you think we are. Oh, and tell me how you do come football season!

If you are so proud of who you are, why don’t you stop advertising East Carolina as the 51st state? You are a [SIZE=1]small[/SIZE] part of the great state of North Carolina.

Pir8, It hurts, but you are right!

I agree, I’ve been shocked at the elitist attitude over here. I pull for Charlotte every year and have kinda looked at them as the ECU football of basketball in NC. I still will despite your attitudes.

You guys are shocked you lost yet we should have beaten you in Minges last year. Yeah we have no tradition in basketball but at least we have other sports to pull for. Football will be back sooner than later.

We’re not that far away in hoops either. Not to mention East Carolina has a lot more potential than Charlotte in hoops as well. Our fanbase is much bigger and much more passionate. I’m not even sure I’ve ever met a Charlotte fan in person outside of going to a game.

I’ve never understood the hatred that comes from UNCW and Charlotte towards East Carolina. I like both of the schools. I think the likely scenario is most of you are either NCSU or UNC football fans as well.

Dude…we have a board of people who really get into their team. If you want to come over and look at some posts right after a tough loss and make a summation of our collective thoughts then go ahead. We really don’t need you high and mighty attitude right now.

[i]Originally posted by SilvioDante[/i]@Jan 30 2005, 12:34 PM [b] If you are so proud of who you are, why don't you stop advertising East Carolina as the 51st state? [/b]
I am not quite sure what you mean by "advertising," but I would think that "Niner Nation" is no different from "51st State."

Packer…go away.

If you can’t go to college…
Go to ECU!!!

I fully support this position.

[i]Originally posted by JKniner[/i]@Jan 30 2005, 12:35 PM [b] Dude...we have a board of people who really get into their team. If you want to come over and look at some posts right after a tough loss and make a summation of our collective thoughts then go ahead. We really don't need you high and mighty attitude right now. [/b]
It's not a high and mighty attitude. It's a telling of the facts as I see them. You guys will go to the NCAA's. You will do well in the CUSA tourney. You will succeed in A10 play. But, just because you have a better team than ours right now is no reason to put our guys down. Just enjoy your season. This is the brightest spot in ours so far.
[i]Originally posted by pir8sportsfan+Jan 30 2005, 12:36 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (pir8sportsfan @ Jan 30 2005, 12:36 PM)

By the way, admin, I am really upset that you moved my post. This isnt trash talk. It isnt “smack.” Its the same kinda thing that you guys were talking about us on your regular board, only more civilized.

[i]Originally posted by SilvioDante+Jan 30 2005, 12:44 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (SilvioDante @ Jan 30 2005, 12:44 PM)
Originally posted by pir8sportsfan@Jan 30 2005, 12:36 PM [b]
[i]Originally posted by pir8sportsfan[/i]@Jan 30 2005, 12:44 PM [b] By the way, admin, I am really upset that you moved my post. This isnt trash talk. It isnt "smack." Its the same kinda thing that you guys were talking about us on your regular board, only more civilized. [/b]
:violin:

I’ve never noticed any hatred of 9er fans towards ECU. We are angry because we lost to a shitty team. That’s the truth, not a put down. We made less than 1/3 of our FG attempts.

Let’s see what happens come football season? We might end up with the same amount of wins.

[QUOTE=oasispirate,Jan 30 2005, 01:35 PM] We’re not that far away in hoops either. Not to mention East Carolina has a lot more potential than Charlotte in hoops as well.

[SIZE=4]WHAT R U JOKIN ME!!![/SIZE]

I’ll have what he is having…

We have good fans for the most part. Most od us pull for ECU except when you play us, and will continue to do so.
Unfortunately, the ones we least want to be heard are the ones with the biggest mouths.

[i]Originally posted by Pork Chop[/i]@Jan 30 2005, 12:49 PM [b] I've never noticed any hatred of 9er fans towards ECU. We are angry because we lost to a shitty team. That's the truth, not a put down. We made less than 1/3 of our FG attempts.

Let’s see what happens come football season? We might end up with the same amount of wins. [/b]

You have obviously not been reading the boards. Yeah, you lost to a team that was not as good as you. I wouldn’t go so far as to say we are “shitty.” As soon as the game was over it was “Well, you may heve beaten us, but we have better academics than you!” Consider this, then; we have one of the highest graduation rates among athletes in the country. We must be doing something right.

I don’t care about either school’s academics. An rpi of 197 qualifies as shitty.

[i]Originally posted by Pork Chop[/i]@Jan 30 2005, 12:56 PM [b] I don't care about either school's academics. An rpi of 197 qualifies as shitty. [/b]
What he said.

You are going to jump on what one person said about your academics and make it your cause to come put us in our place…Leave.

And gamer/packer don’t use the word “we” when you talk on this board cause there ain’t a damn sole that shares your opinion on anything.