Justin Brownlee JUCO SF

per scout.com Charlotte, Oklahoma State, Saint John’s (NY) are listed w/ Med interest and having offered.

If someone has a scout.com user/pass, can you shed some light on the new scout.com article?

““It’s really been Saint John’s and Oklahoma State that are recruiting me the most,” said Brownlee. “[URL=http://charlotte.scout.com/]Charlotte[/URL] has been in a little too but that’s about it right now.””

Most of the article talked about Oklahoma State recruiting him. The article said he plays a lot at point guard as well.

Is he a true SF? Don’t we have enough of those already?

[QUOTE=ConcordNiners;394124]"“It’s really been Saint John’s and Oklahoma State that are recruiting me the most,” said Brownlee. “[URL=http://charlotte.scout.com/]Charlotte[/URL] has been in a little too but that’s about it right now.”"

Most of the article talked about Oklahoma State recruiting him. The article said he plays a lot at point guard as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Concord. If we get a SF, a JUCO doesn’t make any sense at all. We have plenty of upper classmen in that position already. Sounds like we have backed off of him. Maybe we feel we can land Vinson.

Is he a true SF? Don't we have enough of those already?

Maybe we can take away someone schollie. But I know nothin about this kid.

We need upgrades at every position starter or backup… imo. Ok St will be hard to out-recruit, our only better quality is possibly more PT and as many shots as he wants wherever he wants… thats about it right.

[QUOTE=cibik02;394167]Maybe we can take away someone schollie. But I know nothin about this kid.

We need upgrades at every position starter or backup… imo. Ok St will be hard to out-recruit, our only better quality is possibly more PT and as many shots as he wants wherever he wants… thats about it right.[/QUOTE]

And a small but passionate fanbase on this message board!!!

I think about 100% of the board that was here during the Curtis Nash Experiment will collectively grab their chest when reading this:

The article said he plays a lot at point guard as well.
And a small but passionate fanbase on this message board!!!
hahaha... don't know if of recent if this board could be used as a positive for our program. The down years has brought out the pitchforks in everyone... even me.

if i were a recruit who had it down to us, and let’s say, oh… VT, Marshall, UNCW, College of Charleston and (what-the-hell) X…i would read the fan-board of every one of my prospective schools.
soooo…if YOU were a recruit reading this board…?

if i were a recruit who had it down to us, and let's say, oh...... VT, Marshall, UNCW, College of Charleston and (what-the-hell) X....i would read the fan-board of every one of my prospective schools. soooo....if YOU were a recruit reading this board..........?
I'm sure playing time, system, facilities, amount of hotties on campus, and academics are far more important than the quality of the message board. :smile:

first, i hope we would never be recruiting against those schools. second, i think recruits would rather have fans who are negative than complete apathy.

[QUOTE=eason49;394323]I’m sure playing time, system, facilities, amount of hotties on campus, and academics are far more important than the quality of the message board. :smile:[/QUOTE]

i sure hope so!
imagine you are called out some blue-bird morning in spring, to squire a coveted recruit around campus. you tell him about the business school and show him halton, the new student center, the hides soaking up the sun wherever they do that now, and introduce him to harris!
and then you say, ‘hey! com’ere. let me get you hooked up with nn.n!’
??? huh?
we’re knowledgable fans. witty. passionate. we long to return to the days of glory that so many of us remember and pine for. (aka CUSA)
but we hate our coach. his system sucks; his defense is non-exentent; and he has no idea what we need going farward. we think our AD should be pastured and our chancellor is a total idiot and should be shipped off somewhere to in central north carolina.
furthermore…
oh, well…
and yeah! i’ll sign!!! gimme the loi!!!

com’on, guys. wake up!
you don’t need to be in bobby’s britches to realize that all the hate here doesn’t…
well, it just doesn’t lead toward what we all want.
go talk to judy. e-mail her. e-mail phil! storm his office.
give bobby your opinion re what he should do about the PG, the SG, the 3, the 4.
but STOP TRASHING CURRENT PLAYERS!!!
you can cuss me all you want, but this real-time trashing our guys…and potential recruits…has got to stop!!!
believe me!

[QUOTE=earlyniner;394342]com’on, guys. wake up!
you don’t need to be in bobby’s britches to realize that all the hate here doesn’t…
well, it just doesn’t lead toward what we all want.
go talk to judy. e-mail her. e-mail phil! storm his office.
give bobby your opinion re what he should do about the PG, the SG, the 3, the 4.
but STOP TRASHING CURRENT PLAYERS!!!
you can cuss me all you want, but this real-time trashing our guys…and potential recruits…has got to stop!!!
believe me![/QUOTE]

no hating, I agree, bashing other teams should be what this board is about.

com'on, guys. wake up! you don't need to be in bobby's britches to realize that all the hate here doesn't... well, it just doesn't lead toward what we all want. go talk to judy. e-mail her. e-mail phil! storm his office. give bobby your opinion re what he should do about the PG, the SG, the 3, the 4. but STOP TRASHING CURRENT PLAYERS!!!!! you can cuss me all you want, but this real-time trashing our guys....and potential recruits...has got to stop!!!!!!! believe me!

This is a board for the varying opinions of fans, good or bad. If the coach is not doing a good job, then it should be okay for fans to say he is not doing a good job. If a scholarship player is not performing up to his abilities, it should be fine to say so. As long as you are not attacking the coach or players as people, then their performances at what they are getting paid to do, or having their education paid to do, is fair game. That’s what goes along with being a professional or a scholarship player.

If you are a college coach, or a player looking for a scholarship from a D1 program, and you are too frail to take criticism, then that says a lot about your toughness and I don’t want you then anyway. You get the benefits, you take the responsibilty that come along with it.

I thought SF was the position we are most secure for the next couple of years. I could understand a freshman, but why do we need a third junior?

I thought SF was the position we are most secure for the next couple of years. I could understand a freshman, but why do we need a third junior?
No idea. I believe he is 6'7 though, so maybe Lutz wants him at PF.

[FONT=Arial]Averages 10.4 points and 6.1 rebounds.[/FONT]

why would he want him for power forward.

why would he want him for power forward.
I don't know, I just imagine if we were getting a juco SF that's 6'7 they could probably play some of both? We will have two freshmen PFs that may take a while to get acquainted with college basketball. Wilderness had a pretty poor year, but I really don't understand why we'd want another SF unless he's really impressive, which this guy doesn't appear to be. Not to mention Coleman can play SF.

we are a lot more set at power forward than small forward.