K.J. Henry 5* 2018 DE

If we were to sign him, do you think he could contribute to the basketball team too? An athlete playing 2 sports in college is seldom done now, but used to happen more often. Rusty LaRue at Wake Forest played and started in football, basketball, and basketball before he finished his college career.[/quote]

He probably would have been better than the inside players we had this past year.

LaRue was his basketball coach.

Naming his Top 5 today at 6…not really sure about our chances.

[quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:22, topic:30899”]Naming his Top 5 today at 6…not really sure about our chances.[/quote]I have a feeling we make the top 5 (puts on green tinted glasses and submits post).

Looks like we’re out of the running.

https://twitter.com/thekjhenry_/status/892142961324118017

Oh well, can’t blame the kid but he could of had extremely something special here.

I mean we were never really in the running

He could or we could? Let’s not kid ourselves.

[quote author=cibik02 link=topic=34869.msg686641#msg686641 date=1501547476]

[quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:25, topic:30899”]Oh well, can’t blame the kid but he could of had extremely something special here.

He could or we could? Let’s not kid ourselves.[/quote]

Yes, playing close to family and with your Dad as a coach isn’t special.

It was the only shot we had.

[quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:28, topic:30899”][quote=“cibik02, post:27, topic:30899”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:25, topic:30899”]Oh well, can’t blame the kid but he could of had extremely something special here.

It was the only shot we had.[/quote][/quote]
There was a 0.0% chance he was ever coming here… There are only 30 total schools that have gotten a 5 star over the past 4 recruiting cycles… Needless to say CUSA doesn’t land 5 stars. Sure, playing for your pops is nice, but he’s a top flight P5 talent.

reality is a bitch. ???

clt says JJ watt was a 2 star recuit.

[quote=“s9er, post:29, topic:30899”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:28, topic:30899”][quote=“cibik02, post:27, topic:30899”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:25, topic:30899”]Oh well, can’t blame the kid but he could of had extremely something special here.

There was a 0.0% chance he was ever coming here.[/quote]

You should of told that to Lambert before he hired Keith Henry.

Wait people thought we were actually on his list? He threw us a bone, which was great. Good luck KJ

I’m just thankful we were on his list. He got us some exposure we wouldn’t have gotten otherwise. I’m sure his Dad is thankful for that, as we all should be.

I love Charlotte more than just an athletic institution, but if this were my son, I’d want him in the situation that would best prepare him for his future. With all due respect to our school, I believe he made the right choice.

And who knows? If he’s unhappy and ends up transferring one day, we are absolutely the program he’s going to be most familiar with. Happy for Coach Henry, as well as KJ.

Yada yada yada I hate bullshit

[quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:32, topic:30899”][quote=“s9er, post:29, topic:30899”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:28, topic:30899”][quote=“cibik02, post:27, topic:30899”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:25, topic:30899”]Oh well, can’t blame the kid but he could of had extremely something special here.

You should of told that to Lambert before he hired Keith Henry.[/quote]

If Lambert is dumb enough to hire coaches for their kids, he should start with solid 3 star dad’s… I’m sure Henry was hired becasue of his High School connections more so than his kid being top 10 recruit.

[quote=“s9er, post:36, topic:30899”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:32, topic:30899”][quote=“s9er, post:29, topic:30899”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:28, topic:30899”][quote=“cibik02, post:27, topic:30899”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:25, topic:30899”]Oh well, can’t blame the kid but he could of had extremely something special here.

If Lambert is dumb enough to hire coaches for their kids, he should start with solid 3 star dad’s… I’m sure Henry was hired becasue of his High School connections more so than his kid being top 10 recruit.[/quote]

It’s only dumb if it doesn’t work. murmors of SC trying to lure away Mr. Henry for that exact reason. Naïve to think you wouldn’t do whatever is within rules to not get a player like that. I’m also sure he was hired here because he can help the team. just saying

[quote=“NinerLove, post:37, topic:30899”][quote=“s9er, post:36, topic:30899”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:32, topic:30899”][quote=“s9er, post:29, topic:30899”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:28, topic:30899”][quote=“cibik02, post:27, topic:30899”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:25, topic:30899”]Oh well, can’t blame the kid but he could of had extremely something special here.

If Lambert is dumb enough to hire coaches for their kids, he should start with solid 3 star dad’s… I’m sure Henry was hired becasue of his High School connections more so than his kid being top 10 recruit.[/quote]

It’s only dumb if it doesn’t work. murmors of SC trying to lure away Mr. Henry for that exact reason. Naïve to think you wouldn’t do whatever is within rules to not get a player like that. I’m also sure he was hired here because he can help the team. just saying[/quote]

Well, it didn’t work… Lets reassess who was naive here.

We don’t have the bottomless pockets an SEC does to hire an assistant… SC laughs at our budget, they can do things like that and not bat an eye… If we are using what little resources we have to hire a coach just to land his son, thats a terrible use limited dollars. I hate to break it to you, we could have Von Miller at DE for us and it probably doesn’t make us a bowl team.

Again, I’m sure Henry was hired for his HS connections in the state, not becasue we thought there was a shot he’d play here.

Again, I wish we were on his list if only for the press.

clt says to hire his mom as well.