Karsten Miller - QB - 2012

North Davidson Quarterback. We have offered.

6-3, 190 dual threat guy. Would be a tremendous get.

Scout

Highlight Video. kid is throwing strikes on the move

Iā€™ve seen this kid in person. Heā€™s damn good, Iā€™ll be honest.

Looks like WF and WVU were recruiting him, Iā€™m imagining thatā€™s why we are after him now.

From what I have heard we have offered him a full ride. This kid could lay the pathway for our program from what I have seen. The great thing is that he isnā€™t just a great athlete on the field. Off the field he is also a class act.

In the video you can also see Thomas Frazier who is attending Charlotte to play football.

Damn it would be nice to get a ā€œfranchiseā€ QB to lead this program.

I even like his name. Can already hear it over the stadium PAā€¦

Would love to have a commit before North Davidson plays Davie this upcoming season. Might give me a reason to go watch a game again.

Sounds like this is the perfect type of QB that weā€™d like to have, similar to Pat White from WVU.

It sounds like we may need to take a road trip to NDHS this season. Hereā€™s their schedule:
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/FbylGvxl8kWx4cPmnhMJ5w/north-davidson-knights/football/schedule.htm

Anybody know where we can get some decent BBQ in Lexington? ;D

[quote=ā€œ49erAlumnus, post:8, topic:25568ā€]It sounds like we may need to take a road trip to NDHS this season. Hereā€™s their schedule:
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/FbylGvxl8kWx4cPmnhMJ5w/north-davidson-knights/football/schedule.htm[/quote]
agreed.

I am waiting on MaxPreps to finalize their local high schools schedules, home/away not finalized. I will then be putting together a shedule week by week where more than 1 49er target is playing.

[quote=ā€œninerID, post:9, topic:25568ā€][quote=ā€œ49erAlumnus, post:8, topic:25568ā€]It sounds like we may need to take a road trip to NDHS this season. Hereā€™s their schedule:
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/FbylGvxl8kWx4cPmnhMJ5w/north-davidson-knights/football/schedule.htm[/quote]
agreed.

I am waiting on MaxPreps to finalize their local high schools schedules, home/away not finalized. I will then be putting together a shedule week by week where more than 1 49er target is playing.[/quote]

Thatā€™s awesome. Mr. Bo and I were discussing this very thing not too long ago. Sort of a 49er game of the week.

Any chance on landing a guy that may have multiple BCS school offers? I mean, statistically, does the lower division school win out in those situations. My gut says probably not.

Helps heā€™s a QB. Only one gets to play so room is limited if you want to play. Versus say an OL or WR.

Maybe Iā€™m missing something, where does it say he has multiple BCS offers?

If you click on the Scout link above it shows heā€™s been offered by WVU and Wakeā€¦so I guess two = multiple.

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like he has no active offers per Scout.

Maybe Iā€™m missing something, where does it say he has multiple BCS offers?[/quote]

Wake and WVU.

Think about where that WVU offer came fromā€¦

Yeah, I know of our WVU and Wake connections so recruiting the guy isnā€™t surprising. I was just curious as to our chances of landing a guy with BCS offers. Do most other FCS schools recruit players with BCS offers or do they concentrate elsewhere on guys they are more likely to actually get?

va - check out odu or ga state or utsa and look at the qbs that they were able to get with the bonus of being able to give starter minutes to a freshman. They got some very impressive kids. the decision of fbs(bcs) vs fcs is extremely easy for the positions that ninerid mentioned, but itā€™s more complicated for a qb. Few football players go to college not to play.

Yea ODU got the 4A or 5A (cant remember which) player of the year from the state of Georgia. Takes talent to get the player of the year award.

[quote=ā€œ49erAlumnus, post:8, topic:25568ā€]It sounds like we may need to take a road trip to NDHS this season. Hereā€™s their schedule:
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/FbylGvxl8kWx4cPmnhMJ5w/north-davidson-knights/football/schedule.htm

Anybody know where we can get some decent BBQ in Lexington? ;D[/quote]

How freaking cool is it that we are talking about taking road trips to see FOOTBALL recruits?!?!?! Save me a seat in your Jeep Mr. 49erAlumnus, please.