Katz article on Mitch's Injury Being a Plus for Us

Mitch’s Injury a Plus

I hope he is right.

[i]Originally posted by ice_cold49er[/i]@Oct 1 2004, 03:43 PM [b] [url=http://espn.go.com/ncb/s/katzword.html]Mitch's Injury a Plus[/url]

I hope he is right. [/b]

Nice. I know Coach is salivating as he watches these early practices. Yes, salivating. We could be really good.

You know, I could be wrong, but any injury is a bad injury.

What does that last sentance have to do with the rest of the article?

[b]Expect the NCAA Tournament pod system of keeping top-seeded teams close to home in the first two rounds to stay for a while, according to GW AD Jack Kvancz, who just completed a term on the selection committee. [/b]
[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Oct 1 2004, 10:11 PM [b] What does that last sentance have to do with the rest of the article?
[b]Expect the NCAA Tournament pod system of keeping top-seeded teams close to home in the first two rounds to stay for a while, according to GW AD Jack Kvancz, who just completed a term on the selection committee. [/b]
[/b]
I was wondering the same thing - that is definitely a little bit incongruous. Interesting to know, though, I guess.

It does seem out of place, unless Katz has us picked to be one of those top seeded teams and has us getting a favorable location when tourney time rolls around. Even as a Niner fan, that might be a bit of a stretch. Who knows.

Favorable location? LOL! Unless someone on the committee owes Judy a favor. IMO, there won’t be three North Carolina teams in the “local” pod. Perhaps Worchester or Nashville…

2005 NCAA First/Second Rounds
Boise State University Pavilion, Boise, ID, Boise State University host
March 17 & 19, 2005
Ticket info: $126, 208/426-4737 or www.broncosports.com or ticketoffice@boisestate.edu
CSU Convocation Center, Cleveland, OH, Cleveland State University host
March 17 & 19, 2005
Ticket info: $165, 216/687-4848
McKale Center, Tuscon, AZ, University of Arizona host
March 17 & 19, 2005
Ticket info: $105, 800/452-2287 or www.arizonaathletics.com
RCA Dome, Indianapolis, IN, Butler University/Horizon League hosts
March 17 & 19, 2005
Ticket Info: $150, 317/262-3389 or www.horizonleague.org or information@iccrd.com
Charlotte Coliseum, Charlotte, NC, Davidson College host
March 18 & 20, 2005
Ticket info: $150, 704/894-2943 or www.ncaacharlotte05.com or ncaatix@davidson.edu
Centrum Centre, Worchester, MA, College of the Holy Cross host
March 18 & 20, 2005
Ticket info: $165, 508/755-6800 www.holycross.edu/ncaa or www.centrumcentre.com
Ford Center, Oklahoma City, OK, Big 12 Conference host
March 18 & 20, 2005
Ticket info: $150, 405/236-5000 or www.big12sports.com or ncaatix@big12sports.com
Gaylord Entertainment Center, Nashville, TN, Ohio Valley Conference host
March 18 & 20, 2005
Ticket info: $150, 615/770-2040 or www.ovcsports.com or ncaa2005@gaylordecenter.com

Of course, they’ve got to play the games before we get too excited and bent out of shape about all this.

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Oct 3 2004, 08:53 AM [b] [b]Charlotte Coliseum, Charlotte, NC,[/b] Davidson College host March 18 & 20, 2005 Ticket info: $150, 704/894-2943 or [url]www.ncaacharlotte05.com[/url] or [email]ncaatix@davidson.edu[/email] [[/b]
Why are the NCAA tournament games being held in Charlotte, and not hosted by UNCC. Are we missing out on some money?
[b]Why are the NCAA tournament games being held in Charlotte, and not hosted by UNCC. Are we missing out on some money?[/b]

Good question. If we are not the host, does this mean we can play our first round here?

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Oct 3 2004, 08:20 PM [b]
[b]Why are the NCAA tournament games being held in Charlotte, and not hosted by UNCC. Are we missing out on some money?[/b]

Good question. If we are not the host, does this mean we can play our first round here? [/b]

Davidson is the host, and yes, we can play our 1st and 2nd round games here!

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Oct 1 2004, 10:11 PM [b] What does that last sentance have to do with the rest of the article?
[/b]
Nothing. Katz was just throwing out another tidbit of information.

How is Mitch doing?