Katz early top 25

This will change but Andy Katz does list X (#14) and Dayton (#23) in this stab at next season’s top 25…

ESPN.com: Jayhawks the team to beat … for now

“Dayton coach Brian Gregory doesn’t have superstars, but he has players who understand his system and are winners.”

I couldn’t find us in the list…

"Dayton coach Brian Gregory doesn't have superstars, but he has players who understand his system and are winners."

Hmm… if Chris Wright doesn’t count as a “superstar”, does the A10 have any “superstars”?

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;402374]Hmm… if Chris Wright doesn’t count as a “superstar”, does the A10 have any “superstars”?[/QUOTE]
Kyle Church, baby.

Hmm.. if Chris Wright doesn't count as a "superstar", does the A10 have any "superstars"?

Tramaine Pride.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;402374]Hmm… if Chris Wright doesn’t count as a “superstar”, does the A10 have any “superstars”?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing…

[QUOTE=eason49;402222]I couldn’t find us in the list…[/QUOTE]

No, but 3 wins and a 1 point loss against that group speaks well of us.

Derrick Brown is a better overall player than Chris Wright. He’s projected as a late first or early second round pick.

Derrick Brown is a better overall player than Chris Wright. He's projected as a late first or early second round pick.

Yes, but Derrick Brown doesn’t play for Dayton. Brown has been in college 2 more years than Wright. As far as I can remember, DB didn’t have a great outside game his first two years, and worked hard on adding it this past offseason.

He was largely a dunk & putback type of player (especially his RS-Frosh year). His expanded game and role is evident by his FG% (dropping 10 pct points each year 70-60-50).

In his revised top 25, Katz has UD at #17 and X falls out…

ESPN.com: That’s right – a revised top 25 already

Dan Gottlieb has the X-Men at #7…

ESPN.com: A way-too-early Top 25

Mike DeCourcy had the Musketeers at #6 pre-Miller to Arizona, Brown declaring for NBA, Parrom decommitting, etc…

Sportingnews.com: SN’s early 2009-2010 top 25 college hoops teams

Jeff Goodman has the X-Men at #11, with Dayton in “Ten more to watch”…

FOXSports.com: Updated early preseason Top 25

Mississippi State is a top 20 team after signing Sidney (all american) and also getting a 7’2, 4 star recruit that was projected a lottery pick until he messed up his knee. They have all of their starters and their main bench players coming back. No way Tennessee is ranked ahead of them.