Katz on the A-10, tidbit on the niners

Didn’t see if this had been posted. Katz on espn website seems to think we might get an at-large bid still. I’m not sure I see it as very likely, but we’ll see.

Meanwhile, after Saint Joe's beat UMass on the road and Charlotte upset Clemson on the road Wednesday, you can legitimately make the case that six teams in the A-10 will be in play for at-large bids: Xavier (13-3), Dayton (13-1), Rhode Island (14-2), UMass (11-4), Saint Joe's (8-4) and Charlotte (9-5).
Link: [URL]http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3190483&name=katz_andy[/URL]
Didn't see if this had been posted. Katz on espn website seems to think we might get an at-large bid still. I'm not sure I see it as very likely, but we'll see.

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3190483&name=katz_andy

glad to see we’re getting some props!

24 hours ago, I would have said you were crazy if you thought we had a shot at the tournament. Now, 1-10-07 thats not so far fetched, I have no clue how in one day in january a team’s RPI can jump 50 spots.

Clemson, Davidson, App, High Point must do well in conference as we expected when we signed them to play. if we take care of ours and do decent in Atlantic City, its possible.

imo its still far fetched. that said, i’m thoroughly enjoying the rollercoaster of a season thus far.

I remember when Katz wrote about us often.

I don’t think it’s that far fetched. He’s thinking what I’ve been saying…
If we stay on par, get maybe 19 reg. season wins, a couple of them being against the A10s top 3 or 4 teams, and we hold our on in the conference tournament, then we’ll be in consideration.

Anything is possible but we cannot have anymore brain lapses against inferior (A10) competition (as in SLU, Fordham, St. Bonn, etc.). It would be great to steal a couple, play well against those who are on our level, and beat those we should. Beating the bottom half of the conf. is what scares me.

By the way, after getting shelled last year by X I hope we come out with something to prove. Can Bobby motivate the guys to get some revenge? Hope so. Last night’s win was huge for our season in case no one has said so!

I can’t wait to finally hand it to George Washington. Are they coming to Halton or are we going to their place?

I can't wait to finally hand it to George Washington. Are they coming to Halton or are we going to their place?

they come here - it will probably still be a rough game - the GW game always is… their the closest thing we have to a rivalry in the a10 - even if the a10 doesnt see it that way…

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc1;282863]they come here - it will probably still be a rough game - the GW game always is… their the closest thing we have to a rivalry in the a10 - even if the a10 doesnt see it that way…[/QUOTE]

At least we can finally come close to matching them athletically, they always had a seemingly endless supply of 6’7" forwards to put up against our slow front line. Doesn’t mean we will win, but it should be a different game this year.

Careful children, as good as the Clemson win feels, we have a way of playing up or down to whomever…

Absolutely zero margin for error and we would need some luck on top of that.