Keep Lutz fund

OK, anyone have details as to how many years left on coach’s contract? I think I remember that he has a contract until 2008 and the contract has a ‘poison pill’ for any program who tries to take him from us. Is that correct? If so, can anyone go deeper into how the poison pill is actually set up?

Either way, I think Lutz needs to be rewarded. I think we need to go on a pre emptive strike and show Lutz we appreciate him before other programs are on him at the end of the season. Now, I dont think we are in trouble as a program without him, but I do think he is THE person we want for the job. Good coach, good recruiter, and an alum. With our transition period to the A10 looming, the administration (aka Judy) needs to step up and make a move now.

I will have my checkbook ready. Just let me know when the keep Lutz fund gets started :smiley:

Who’s with me?

Im with ya

[i]Originally posted by Iron9er[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 06:44 AM [b] OK, anyone have details as to how many years left on coach's contract? I think I remember that he has a contract until 2008 and the contract has a 'poison pill' for any program who tries to take him from us. Is that correct? If so, can anyone go deeper into how the poison pill is actually set up?

Either way, I think Lutz needs to be rewarded. I think we need to go on a pre emptive strike and show Lutz we appreciate him before other programs are on him at the end of the season. Now, I dont think we are in trouble as a program without him, but I do think he is THE person we want for the job. Good coach, good recruiter, and an alum. With our transition period to the A10 looming, the administration (aka Judy) needs to step up and make a move now.

I will have my checkbook ready. Just let me know when the keep Lutz fund gets started :smiley:

Who’s with me? [/b]

I’m with you. Put me down for a couple hundred. Time for our fans and the city to start showing some major respect for Bobby.

I like the idea.

But when I look that this thread went almost 2 hrs without a response, I can’t help but wonder if it would be too little, too late.

[i]Originally posted by SilvioDante[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 08:31 AM [b] I like the idea.

But when I look that this thread went almost 2 hrs without a response, I can’t help but wonder if it would be too little, too late. [/b]

I would certainly be in, but I don’t think it’s really the problem. If we had put 7-8K p[eople in the seats last night, nothing else would matter…

Seriously, do you even think that any money that we raise would be enough to keep him? :blink:

There is no way that the few hundred, maybe even few thousands of dollars that we raise would be enough to keep him. So instead of wasting your time on ideas like this, try to think of ways to get people at the games. Fund ticket raisers or something. Buy tickets for your childs school and have school nights… but not raise money to give to an already wealthy coach.

You guys can count on me,too. Let’s keep it [SIZE=3]GREEN[/SIZE]. I think that we need to look out for the assistant coaches, too. They are also play an important role in making it happens.

With how much the attendance seems to bother him, I don’t know that money would do the trick, especially with the limited amount of funds this board could raise. I think the best thing we can do is try to get more people to the games. I know that everyone here within driving distance of Charlotte regularly attends the games, but not that many other people do. If we can get a good crowd for the DePaul game, that would be the best thing that could happen right now. And there’s no reason it shouldn’t. DePaul is a good team. Right now, DePaul’s tied with us for second in the conference, and while that could change before next Wednesday, this game will be a big one as far as the conference standings go. Not to mention that tickets are 2 for 1.

There’s almost a full week before our next home game, which is more than enough time to spread the word about the game. Tell people you work with, put up signs around campus, do whatever it takes. And if you’re serious about spending money to keep Lutz, buy some extra tickets (hey, they’re 2 for 1) and give 'em to someone you know.

It’s not about the money, it’s about the support, or the lack of.

I agree… the money we raise probably won’t make a difference. Pay Lutz by brininging two friends to our next home game.

Wed. Feb. 16th vs. DePaul

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 08:45 AM [b] It's not about the money, it's about the support, or the lack of. [/b]
Yeah, no doubt about it...but we may have to pony up some more cash too.

And regarding the fund, I’m not thinking of a NinerNation.net fund. I’m talking about something organized by the school or Signature Sports. I don’t think we need it now…but it would be nice to have a plan in place.

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 09:01 AM [b] I agree... the money we raise probably won't make a difference. Pay Lutz by brininging two friends to our next home game.

[/b]

I would, but we already use up our allotment for tickets. We bring as many people as we can, if we could get more tickets, we would.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner+Feb 10 2005, 09:03 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LeftyNiner @ Feb 10 2005, 09:03 AM)
[i]Originally posted by Iron9er[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 06:44 AM [b] OK, anyone have details as to how many years left on coach's contract? I think I remember that he has a contract until 2008 and the contract has a 'poison pill' for any program who tries to take him from us. Is that correct? If so, can anyone go deeper into how the poison pill is actually set up?

Who’s with me? [/b]

This thread is stupid. Win games you are supposed to like ECU and St Loser and the attendance will take care of itself.

I love Lutz here, but this isn’t about his compensation. He’s compensated very well.

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 08:45 AM [b] It's not about the money, it's about the support, or the lack of. [/b]
What he said. :(
[i]Originally posted by BleednGreen[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 09:12 AM [b] [QUOTE=Iron9er,Feb 10 2005, 06:44 AM] This thread is stupid. Win games you are supposed to like ECU and St Loser and the attendance will take care of itself.

I love Lutz here, but this isn’t about his compensation. He’s compensated very well. [/b]

My thoughts exactly. WIN. WIN. WIN. More than just in conference. Play in the postseason longer than the ACC, SEC, etc. You don’t have to win it all but you have to advance past the first weekend more than once in 28 years.

Let me get this straight so I don’t misunderstand.

Some of you guys want to give a man making close to a half mill a year, money out of your own pocket so he’ll coach a basketball team?

I like Lutz, I think he’s a good coach and a good man, but if wants to leave, okay by me. There are tons of qualified people that would love this job for a few years.

I, for one, am out. I 'll give my money to needy kids, not a b-ball coach.

[i]Originally posted by hootie[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 11:42 AM [b] Some of you guys want to give a man making close to a half mill a year, money out of your own pocket so he'll coach a basketball team? [/b]
Yes, that's the general concept. Don't tell me that's the first you've heard of it? And for State funded institutions, that's where the majority of head coaches compensation comes from.

I don’t think this is a money issue right now but eventually it could be.

Do we want to run with the big dogs or stay where we’re at?

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner+Feb 10 2005, 12:08 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LeftyNiner @ Feb 10 2005, 12:08 PM)
[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 09:01 AM [b] I agree... the money we raise probably won't make a difference. Pay Lutz by brininging two friends to our next home game.

Wed. Feb. 16th vs. DePaul [/b]

Well said

Lutz makes plenty of money to do something he loves. May not be enough to keep him here, but he’s paid well.

We need fans in Halton, showing their support for EVERY home game. I think Bobby would be the first to tell you that would mean more to him than a few more bucks. Bobby sees plenty of green, but it’s from the empty seats…not the dollar bills.