Ken "Kiss-ACC-Ass" Tysiac Quote of the Week for 1/19

At 150, you have no shot of making either the NCAAs as an at-large or the NIT. That'll get you fired in a hurry if you're a coach. Sounds pretty abysmal to me. I'd say any RPI outside the top 150 means you're not helping your conference get where it wants to go, no matter what conference you're talking about.
Other than sounding abysmal, I totally agree haha. Abysmal just sounds worse than that. Like SLU against GW. That was abysmal. At 150 at least you may have managed a winning season. We were at 146 for our lowest RPI season recently. I think we were better than abysmal, but we were still pretty damn terrible.

This isn’t really that important tho. I just like to argue about English.:smile:

This isn't really that important tho. I just like to argue about English.:smile:

Uhhh… arguing about English? Look at how you spelled “though”

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;287042]There’s nothing wrong with Ken’s logic, though, if you take the comments on their face.
[/QUOTE] Come on Mike. You sort of have a point, but comments calling the A10 mid-major and then stating the acc is all powerful and mighty creates the PERCEPTION the Niners cannot compete with acc teams. WE ALL KNOW BETTER.

Did Tysiac major in Journalism or Marketing while at chapel hill? After all, the acc was the first conference to start up their PR department, now weren’t they.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;287151]Did Tysiac major in Journalism or Marketing while at chapel hill? After all, the acc was the first conference to start up their PR department, now weren’t they.[/QUOTE]

Ken went to Notre Dame.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;287153]Ken went to Notre Dame.[/QUOTE] Well… I’m trying to figure out a good reply but I’m having trouble right now.

My point is the Observer ALWAYS creates the perception CUSA/A10 had/has no good teams and the Niner games are not worth attending. But… you know all that.

I will say things have improved some this year with Niner coverage… but the unjustified “not worthy” perception is still there.

Uhhh... arguing about English? Look at how you spelled "though"
The word "abysmal" was used in a paper. I used the word "tho" on an internet message board. The common colloquial speech granted on an internet message board is not used in printed newspapers.

Also, “tho” is simply a colloquial misspelling where as the actual usage of the word “abysmal” was what was being discussed. Semantics and syntax are in two different departments.
:smile:

Mike_Persinger][/B]Ken went to Notre Dame.
Well......... I'm trying to figure out a good reply but I'm having trouble right now.

My point is the Observer ALWAYS creates the perception CUSA/A10 had/has no good teams and the Niner games are not worth attending. But… you know all that.

I will say things have improved some this year with Niner coverage… but the unjustified “not worthy” perception is still there.

How about, the ACC wanted Notre Dame to join their league when they expanded, but Notre Dame thought they were to good for the ACC? So surely if ND looked down on the ACC then they would like down on the A10 too. :biggrin: That’s the best help I can give you Over40.