KenPom

This is the first time I’ve looked at his site this season, but he traditionally doesn’t change his predictions until January. Incidentally, he has us at #42 right now, which I have to admit is overly fair given our Rutgers FT fiasco.

KenPom - Charlotte

But his predictors have us losing only 5 more…

@UAB (-6)
@Cincy (-12)
@Marquette (-3)
Cincy (-7)
@Louisville (-7)

He has us as a 4 pt favorite @IU, and he has no prediction for the likely matchup with Santa Clara. Another tight game is TCU (5pt favorites)

That would put us at 20-7, although it’s way too early to even think about records.

But this does serve to illustrate what our remaining swing games are - the ones that could potentially define our season. That Marquette game could be a big RPI booster because they padded their win total heavily in non conference.

20-7 would be a disappointment in my book. I think we have to much talent to lose 7 games especially since we didn’t play a particularly strong ooc schedule. I don’t think we will lose all of those games he has listed though… Every game left on our schedule is very winnable for us… especially if we can manage to improve our FT percentage. Of the losses he has predicted for us, I think we will beat Cincy at home and Marquette. Of course, I wouldn’t be surprised if we dropped another one to a “lesser” team wither.

His RPI numbers for three of the next four games could be devastating. Indiana is falling like a rock too (although a win against the name certainly will not hurt).

229 - Georgia State
214 - UNC Asheville
74 - Indiana
242 - Yale

I think we’ll beat Cincy at Halton, but I can’t argue too much with the other Ls he’s predicting. I think Santa Clara could be a problem if we play them in the Cable Car Classic.

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 10:54 AM [b] I think Santa Clara could be a problem if we play them in the Cable Car Classic. [/b]
I hope not after all the trash talking I did to tarhole fans when they lost to santa clara. :ph34r:

The Marquette game is doable-> we’ve done it before against better MU teams.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 11:19 AM [b] This is the first time I've looked at his site this season, but he traditionally doesn't change his predictions until January. Incidentally, he has us at #42 right now, which I have to admit is overly fair given our Rutgers FT fiasco.

KenPom - Charlotte

But his predictors have us losing only 5 more…

@UAB (-6)
@Cincy (-12)
@Marquette (-3)
Cincy (-7)
@Louisville (-7)

He has us as a 4 pt favorite @IU, and he has no prediction for the likely matchup with Santa Clara. Another tight game is TCU (5pt favorites)

That would put us at 20-7, although it’s way too early to even think about records.

But this does serve to illustrate what our remaining swing games are - the ones that could potentially define our season. That Marquette game could be a big RPI booster because they padded their win total heavily in non conference. [/b]

thats poeroy, rpi is 155. i honestly couldnt tell you the difference

we’ll lose at St. Louis, they could send out their girls team and find a way to win at that place.