Keyshawn

So who thinks Keyshawn and Steve Smith on the same team is a good idea, or atleast a good gamble? I see both sides of it, but i"m only behind it if Steve Smith really wants him to line up with him. If John Fox ok’s it also, I’m inclined to trust him with his track record so far.

I’m not a huge Panthers (pull for them to do well but not my first love) but I think it’s a terrible move for them. What little passion I had for them will go out the window when KJ starts making an ass of himself. As far as on the field value, yes, it can be considered a good move. He’s a great athlete and will help strengthen the Panthers offense. Having both him and Steve on the field at the same time would present some serious problems for opposing teams.

However, I’m not at all convinced that KJ can keep his head on straight. How many times have you watched a Sunday night/Monday Sportscenter to see some stupid antic he pulled, only to be disgusted and grateful he’s not on your team? I just don’t want to see him wearing a Panther’s jersey the next time that happens. They have enough black eyes as it stands and certainly don’t need another. And Jake isn’t going to take the $hit he dished out to his prior QB’s. I’m afraid signing him could create some chemistry problems. Still not convinced he won’t end up in NY or Seattle though. He may just be using Carolina for leverage.

This teams needs someone else to throw the ball to but I’d prefer someone with less baggage. Eric Moulds would be a good veteran to consider. He’s not happy in Buffalo, wants to be traded and wouldn’t demand too much money. He’s also a very solid WR when he has talent opposite of him.

Steve Smith + Keyshawn = DISASTER

Steve Smith has the maturity level of my 4 year old. Actually, that may be an insult…to my boy. Then add Keyshawn. :fastgun: :fastgun:

I see both sides of it as well. It’s hard to not be intrigued by a player as productive as Keyshawn Johnson. 744 catches and 9756 yards for his career? Alongside Steve Smith? Put that with the Panthers running game and defense and you have a team that will keep opposing coaches awake at night.

Do I see him in a Carolina uniform? Actually, no. Seattle, NY, maybe the Chiefs - but not the Panthers. Very interesting thought, however.

Good possession receiver. Plays hard. Total prick though, and is easily made jealous by teammates. I’ll never forget Keyshawn ridiculing Wayne Chrebet when he left the Jets only to have Chrebet make essentially the game winning catch againt Keyshawn’s Bucs on Monday night, capping a 4th Quarter rally. Keyshawn’s statline? One catch, one yard.

I don’t want him. He is ok, but not good enough to put up with his attitude. There are too many other receivers out there that can put up similar number and are a distraction and won’t disrupt chemistry.

I’ve NEVER drafted or acquired Keyshawn on my fantasy team since he came into the league. Can’t say I’ve ever regretted it.

Keyshawn is a douch… I think we can all agree…

BUT.

1. He is a terrific possesion/across the middle receiver, something the Panthers lack.
  2. He is one of the top 5 blocking WR’s in the NFL. Something the Panthers lost when Moose left.

If the price is right, John Fox is the kind of coach who could handle Key. He hasn’t had any big time flare ups lately so I say go for it, it makes the team better.

Remember, its the name on the front, not the back that matters.

As for Moulds. How is his attitude any better?

I can’t believe we are even meeting with this guy. Who wants an old washed out receiver? Nate Burleson is a good prospect. I would have liked for us to go after Joe Jurevicius. But Keyshawn?.. The guy got sent home by the Bucs and Parcells had him strapped down.

Keyshawn is a better fit for the NBA with his attitude. Bobcats? Any interest in him at the 2 guard?

The word is we are making him an offer today.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

Personally, I think it’s a good move for the Panthers. He’s as big as Moose but a better receiver despite his age. His history with Gruden is checkered but he isn’t T.O. in the attitude department.

Just in. Smith popped Keyshawn and he went home to mommy.

I still think the Bobcats are a better fit for him.

I think this could be a great move by the Cats. Keyshawn has been a been a problem on some teams, but the thing I have noticed is that aslong as the team wins he keeps his trap shut and is a good team mate. If the team starts losing he becomes a problem. I think the Panthers look at their roster and are thinking win now and Keyshawn could be an excellent compliment to Smith. All of a sudden the Panther offense becomes very hard to stop, between Smith, Keyshawn and Foster. Add into that the fact that Keyshwan loves Henning and obviously Henning likes him this could work out.

Moulds > Meshawn.

Well he’s a Panther

The Carolina Panthers agreed to contract terms with wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson on Thursday night.

The deal is for four years and includes a $5 million signing bonus, according to league sources.

The move should help bring balance to an offense that relied almost entirely on receiver Steve Smith last year. The Panthers view Johnson, one of the league’s top possession receivers, as a perfect complement to Smith.

Johnson, who will turn 34 in July, had 71 catches for Dallas last season and also brings size and blocking skills that have been lacking at the position since the departure of Muhsin Muhammad after the 2004 season.

Interested in seeing his contract. At 34 I wonder how much they think he has left.

didn’t he come out of college in 1996? if so why was he 24 coming out of college?

rumor is first 2 years are worth 8 million total

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5439586

4 year 14 mil. Panthers are about to get a lot of run.

$5 million signing bonus. Hope he’s worth it…

[QUOTE=WBNiner;163576]I think this could be a great move by the Cats. Keyshawn has been a been a problem on some teams, but the thing I have noticed is that aslong as the team wins he keeps his trap shut and is a good team mate. If the team starts losing he becomes a problem. I think the Panthers look at their roster and are thinking win now and Keyshawn could be an excellent compliment to Smith. All of a sudden the Panther offense becomes very hard to stop, between Smith, Keyshawn and Foster. Add into that the fact that Keyshwan loves Henning and obviously Henning likes him this could work out.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I think it will be a great move because he is a blocker, can catch the ball, and he can take some hits. Plus it will give our team a little more attention and create a story.