Keyshawn

who is going to run the ball for the panthers when foster gets hurt?

They are going to have to fall back on Shelton, better hope he is healthy for more than one week in training camp this year.

And if the mock draft on FoxSports holds up it has us drafting DeAngelo Williams from Memphis, so that could help. But of course it will probably change 3 times and then back again before the draft.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;163501]Steve Smith + Keyshawn = DISASTER

Steve Smith has the maturity level of my 4 year old. Actually, that may be an insult…to my boy. Then add Keyshawn. :fastgun: :fastgun:[/QUOTE]

You don’t listen to Steve Smith speak alot then.
he has matured big time. I would of agreed with you 5 years ago.
People change.

[QUOTE=ninerID;163602]who is going to run the ball for the panthers when foster gets hurt?[/QUOTE]

They are going to have to do something in the draft.

[QUOTE=NormanNiner;163623]They are going to have to do something in the draft.[/QUOTE]

Eric Shelton.
we drafted him last yr…like 2-3 rd.

Nick Goings

as long as the OL is average, if you have Steve Smith and Keyshawn lining up together anyone should do ok at Running back. still have Nick Goings and shelton if he’s healthy.

I think they basically just replaced what they lost with Moose, but improved talent wise. keyshawn doesn’t drop passes for one thing.

[QUOTE=metro;163611]You don’t listen to Steve Smith speak alot then.
he has matured big time. I would of agreed with you 5 years ago.
People change.[/QUOTE]

I hear him everytime he calls in to sports radio to defend himself when a caller criticizes him. He’s way to sensitive to how others people perceive him. Don’t forget he got ejected from a game this past year and kicked a guy 2 years ago. His T-down dances were real mature as well. He has come a long way since ending the career of his teammate in a film session, though. He’s giving back to the community and trying so I give him a lot of credit for that.

as long as the OL is average, if you have Steve Smith and Keyshawn lining up together anyone should do ok at Running back. still have Nick Goings and shelton if he's healthy.

I don’t buy this. I’m not sold on Foster to begin with and we need a better option at RB than Shelton or Goings.

Though I hate to say it, and he probably won’t be there when we pick, I’d like to see us get DeAngelo Williams in the draft. Him or LenDale White. White is the kind of back Fox likes I think. I’ve seen some mock drafts with us taking the Maronie(sp?) kid out of Minn. but I don’t know much about him.

In any case, we need another RB.

[QUOTE=metro;163624]Eric Shelton.
we drafted him last yr…like 2-3 rd.[/QUOTE]

He’s a power/short yardage running back like Stephen Davis was. He was on IR last year but his injury was not so bad that he couldn’t have come back during the season. That tells me something… we need one more competent back.

I think we all agree having another option at RB is needed. I think Foster could be great, that TD run against the Eagles in the NFC championship sticks in my mind. I like his explosivness and ability to catch the ball vs. the Stephen Davis molded player. With that said his injuries are a concern, even though none of them have been the same. It is not like each time he went out it was with a knee problem. I hope he can overcome them, but if not we need a good back up. It seems like to really win in the NFL you have to have a quality back up. What is also true is that a quality line and good blocking can make an average RB look great. So it may mean that we don’t need a star running back, just one that knows what we need and knows how to follow his blockers. It is going to be really hard to stop a Panther offense in a 3 receiver set, with Carter, Smith and Johnson spread out and Foster in the back field. This personel gives Henning all kinds of options. I know we have all been critical of him in the past, but it is a big play offense and with these guys we could see alot of big plays.

As for Smith, I love his passion. I know he got kicked out of a game this past year, but come on! That was a pretty bogus call. As for his TD dances, they are creative and funny, not vulgar and offensive. His celebrations are much more on par with the old Smurfs high five than a TO celebration. I think people mistake passion and desire to win with being a baby. He wants to win and knows that he is important to the chances of the Panthers winning. I wish the Panthers had more players like him, emotional, hard nosed and not afraid to make a play. Hmmm come to think of it, it would be nice to have a few guys like that on the Niner basketball team!

Steve Smith definitely has little man’s disease, but it’s also why he’s a Tier 1 receiver. I agree metro his tone has definitely changed over the years, but I don’t worry about what people say when they’re calm and collect giving an interview, it’s the heat of the moment stuff. Anthony Bright got punched out in a film room simply because he wanted the staff to replay a play where Smith looked bad.

He’s trying, but he still has a ways to go.

And anyone who says that Steve Smith “ended Anthony Bright’s career” is wrong. The Texans cut him the year after he left the Panthers, so he had his chance elsewhere and blew it.

[QUOTE=NormanNiner;163651]And anyone who says that Steve Smith “ended Anthony Bright’s career” is wrong. The Texans cut him the year after he left the Panthers, so he had his chance elsewhere and blew it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed…thats pretty harsh to place that on 1 guy!

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;163631]I hear him everytime he calls in to sports radio to defend himself when a caller criticizes him. He’s way to sensitive to how others people perceive him. Don’t forget he got ejected from a game this past year and kicked a guy 2 years ago. His T-down dances were real mature as well. He has come a long way since ending the career of his teammate in a film session, though. He’s giving back to the community and trying so I give him a lot of credit for that.[/QUOTE]

He kicked a guy 3-4 years ago against the Texans, and he should not of punched Bright. God forbid a 24yr old in a violent game make a mistake.

the guy made monumental leaps in his maturity since his broken leg. Probably one of the biggest turnarounds in attitudes I have seen in sports, give credit where its due.

as for the ejection this year against the Cowboys, that was a horrid call by the official, and he profusely apologized saying he was embarrased to tell his kids in the Luxury Suite why he was not on the field. Give it a rest.

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;163641] Anthony Bright got punched out in a film room simply because he wanted the staff to replay a play where Smith looked bad.

He’s trying, but he still has a ways to go.[/QUOTE]

exacty.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;163631]I hear him everytime he calls in to sports radio to defend himself when a caller criticizes him. He’s way to sensitive to how others people perceive him. Don’t forget he got ejected from a game this past year and kicked a guy 2 years ago. His T-down dances were real mature as well. He has come a long way since ending the career of his teammate in a film session, though. He’s giving back to the community and trying so I give him a lot of credit for that.[/QUOTE]

You must use up all of your over the top defending for teams that wear green.:naughty:

A lack ot talent, not a punch ended Brights career.

[QUOTE=MKNiner;163632]I don’t buy this. I’m not sold on Foster to begin with and we need a better option at RB than Shelton or Goings.

.[/QUOTE]

Panthers might could use another RB, however I just think in some NFL offenses you can plug in an average running back and they can do well. see Goings in 04 for example. thats all Panthers need is an average to slightly above average to go along with receivers and be dominant offensively. I also think everything starts at the OL/DL, it needs to be improved in the draft also. Delhomme needs time to throw the ball and the RB needs holes to run through.

as for Smith and his maturity, I think it says alot he lobbied for Johnson to come here. I guess you could argue it was stupid on his part or unselfish depending upon how it plays out.

[QUOTE=metro;163624]Eric Shelton.
we drafted him last yr…like 2-3 rd.[/QUOTE]
he showed absolutely no talent last year in preseason. I’ve never seen a rookie (especially runningback) look that bad before. He looked like he didn’t even know how to run. I can understand rookie not understanding all the blocking schemes and all that stuff, but it’s not that hard to put one foot in front of the other. You may not be successful at it right away, but you should at least look like you know what you’re doing.