Kobe Bryant

He poured in 81 points against the raptors tonight. Second on the all time scoring list in the NBA only to wilt who had 100 playing for philly aganist new york.

[URL=http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AlHwPus_JevHolVFn3UARNG8vLYF?gid=2006012213]http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AlHwPus_JevHolVFn3UARNG8vLYF?gid=2006012213[/URL]

hooray

He also shot the ball about 55 times (46 officially, and then 20 FT’s which would equate to 10 more shots, except I saw him get fouled on at least one 3-point attempt).

Not that 81 points is not amazing, it is. But Ray Allen scored 46 points on 28 shots and 7 FT’s (about 31 shots). That is 1.48 points per shot compared with Kobe’s 1.47, so nearly the same performance but he has teammates who can play as well (as evidenced by their 152-point track meet).

I also find it humorous that Kobe got 61 vs the Mavs, a notoriously terrible defensive team, and then lights up the mythical, wonderous Raptors. He knows how to pick his spots.

i honestly think the kid is nuts. he’s at the top of the league scoring now too.

He won’t win a title without Shaq unless he gets some help.

i know but it is still impressive to see a guy put up that many points in a game.

81 points and 2 assists… Congratulations Kobe. :rolleyes:

lol yeah you gotta love him padding his assist stats for the season :slight_smile: I mean i’m not a big Kobe fan but I can appreicate what he did even if he is a ball hog who drove away the best Center in the league. 81 way to go you’ll be in the Hall of Fame Kobe but you wont win any more titles.

81 pts is 81 pts. I kinda get a kick out of people who kick Kobe and Iverson in the groin for shooting so much, but in the next breathe say Jordan was great (which he was, of course).

They act like MJ scored 50+ and shot the ball three times a game. He shot it everytime he touched early in his career. Later when he was a little older, he waited and shot it everytime he touched in the 4th Q. Interesting stat about MJ, I can’t remember how many yrs it was in a row, but he MISSED more shots than any teammate ATTEMPTED.

BTW, the NBA still sucks.

My 2 cents. I won’t knock Kobe for scoring 81, but I’ll always be more impressed by Shaq dropping over 70 when he was with the Lakers. Reason being was b/c Shaq actually had other guys shooting shots, Kobe has to shoot b/c no one else will on his team. He can average 60 ppg but they won’t win the title.

[QUOTE=49erFan1;150362]My 2 cents. I won’t knock Kobe for scoring 81, but I’ll always be more impressed by Shaq dropping over 70 when he was with the Lakers. Reason being was b/c Shaq actually had other guys shooting shots, Kobe has to shoot b/c no one else will on his team. He can average 60 ppg but they won’t win the title.[/QUOTE]

Shaq has never put up 70 points. The only three people that have are Kobe, Wilt, and David Thompson.

kobe’s 81 isn’t as impressive as past scoring by others, simply because the NBA is a joke, especially during regular season

david robinson had 71 on the last day of the season to beat out shaq for the scoring title one year.

I can’t figure out who the bigger idiot is…him, or his wife.

Yes, the NBA is a joke.