Kyle Gaillard SF - 2009

Gaillard is a 6-7 junior at North Meck H.S. in Huntersville.

(North Meck coach Duane) Lewis said Davidson, [b]Charlotte[/b], Old Dominion, Virginia Commonwealth and Virginia are also beginning to show interest.
Charlotte.com: [b][url=http://www.charlotte.com/preps/story/511476.html]Gaillard, North Meck have something special[/url][/b]

Topix.com: North Meck duo hot – inside and out

According to his Scout profile, Winthrop has offerred and the interest level with Davidson is high (I can’t remember if that means DC is highly interested with him or visa versa). Doesn’t list us a school of interest, but I will trust his coach’s comments.

Scout.com: Kyle Gaillard

From the Huntersville Herald:

The North Meck boys’ basketball team took care of business in the first round of the MECA-7 basketball tournament, cruising to an easy 65-35 win over seventh-seed West Charlotte at Mallard Creek High on Tuesday night.

To the common observer, it seemed that North was never tested during the game. One would think that North’s 35-point victory was a step in the right direction toward the conference semi-finals; however, North Meck Coach Duane Lewis did not see it that way.

“We won, but it was a lot closer than a 30-point game,” said Lewis. “We never got into a rhythm. It’s tough to get up for a team when you beat them twice before in the regular season.”

[b]One of the few bright spots that met Lewis’ approval was the play of junior forward Kyle Gaillard. The North sharpshooter nailed four three pointers on five attempts and finished with 23 points. He scored North’s first 10 points of the game and had 15 before halftime. Gaillard credits a new attitude and a little extra pre-game work for his success against the Lions.

“I have been working on being aggressive for the past couple of weeks,” said Gaillard. “I am trying to create space so I can get my shot off.”[/b]

Link: Huntersvilleherald.com

And this from the Charlotte Weekly (go to 2nd page of .pdf):

Charlotteweekly.com: No Small Forward

Sad to say,but with all the pub Davidsons gotten this year,and with them having a much better chance at the NCAA’S than us,I believe more recruits have a better image of them than us…sad

i really doubt thats true. when playing time isnt an issue(and even if it is) i doubt a recruit would ever want to play at davidson over us.

Tidbit from the Carolina Challenge

We didn’t get to see Gaillard until his last game of the day and he was clearly tired, but we saw the potential. He has terrific size (6-foot-7) for the wing spot and although his left-handed jumpers weren’t falling, he has a good looking stroke from deep.