Kyle Marks - 2005

Kyle Marks - 2005

He and Alonzo Gee were teammates with Goldwire in Florida.

According to Ninerreport, Marks will visit this weekend (6/12) and could commit.

Here is the link…

6/10/04

Kyle Marks to visit and commit?

looks good for us so far…

Here is more on Kyle Marks from JJ…

He is still waiting on an offer after the camp but loved Lutz. Definitely sounds like he (and Gee) are potential future Niners.

Kyle Marks - Ninerreport update from 6/29/04

So, we have not offer a 'ship to him, but we have to Gee? Sounds like he willing to commit once we offer one.

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Jun 30 2004, 09:21 AM [b] So, we have not offer a 'ship to him, but we have to Gee? Sounds like he willing to commit once we offer one. [/b]
One of them may have to go prep next year. I forget which one.

Are we still recruiting Marks?? We need big men

with Cunningham out of the picture, is marks back on the radar??

Marks has committed to Nebraska.

Haven’t seen anything on NinerReport about Marks yet (although I can’t get into those message boards from work). Is there any confirmation on this? Not saying I don’t believe you JH, just hoping your source was wrong.

[i]Originally posted by forDniner[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 01:15 PM [b] Haven't seen anything on NinerReport about Marks yet (although I can't get into those message boards from work). Is there any confirmation on this? Not saying I don't believe you JH, just hoping your source was wrong. [/b]
It was listed on Hoopmasters

Marks chooses Huskers

Were we even going after him anymore? His name just sort of dropped off after it became apparent that is was Gee we were really interested in. Always seemed like an attempt to lure Gee more than anything. Could have used a SF commit for 05 though…

another name out of contention, any insiders know who we are pushing to get with that last 05 'ship?

I think De’Angelo is a pretty solid SF committment for '05. :slight_smile:
Or were you thinking long term with that statement?

I thought I heard that Marks wasn’t even necessarily going to qualify off the bat, and may need a year of prep school.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Nov 4 2004, 03:29 PM [b]I think De'Angelo is a pretty solid SF committment for '05. :) Or were you thinking long term with that statement? [/b]
Haha, good point, I actually just wasn't thinking at all about DA. But depending where things fall after this year, DA could be anywhere from starting SF or SG to backup SF. Of course if Iti and Withers stay and EJ gets the starting SF spot, DA will be the best 6th man we've had since, well EJ Drayton I guess. But if DA starts then It'll be on Mullis to be our primary backup forward, which doesn't sound all that great to me, as he seems like a low post hustle rebound guy more than a SF.

I guess it would be more helpful to get a SG for 05, but I will take any offensive minded SG or SF as that last scholarship. Coleman, Jamison, Mullis all seem to be gritty, defensive guys. Worst case scenario would leave EJ and DA as our only scorers next year. I’m guessing Lutz is going after a shooter with this last ship, just hope they don’t settle for a Tyler Best just to get another big body.

[i]Originally posted by Butter49er+Nov 4 2004, 05:17 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Butter49er @ Nov 4 2004, 05:17 PM)

Speaking of Tyler Best… anyone notice he’s down to JUCO. I thought he sat out a yr with Evansville.
Paris JUCO Roster

Maybe he and Martin Iti could play together next year.