LA Tech Away Game 1-30-20 7:30 Tip

Bamba played fine. No way Vasic is a better option down the stretch.

3 Likes

Bamba wasn’t my concern. Supica played awfully. Young took good shots, but nothing went down for him.

I’ve seen every minute of every game this season and this is the first time Sanchez messed with his rotation. Bamba was sitting for longer stretches in the first half even. Just concerns me something else is the reason we don’t know about.

Young’s terrible offensive night cost us this one.

La Tech couldnt miss.

In spite of the loss, Niners remain in third place with WKU losing to FAU. Leader North Texas idle tonight.

2 Likes

Cant agree that he “cost” us this one. Yes he didnt shoot well, but he didnt cost us the game. Big turning point was the Milos miss lay in and subsequent travel on next possession. He didnt play very well. Also, like you say, they just shot lights out. Oh well know to usm

Supica had a terrible two minute stretch in the second half where he missed a point blank shot and then got called for a traveling violation. It was a close game at that point and the worm seemed to turn at that time.

Back to back turnovers by Shepherd very late were the final nails in the coffin.

Williams played well while he was in the game. He should have been in the lineup late when we were trying to rally.

Charlotte is 4th, with the tiebreaker over FIU.

Yes, we are #4 in pod one but alone in third place (6-3) in standings behind leader North Texas (8-1) and second place teams WKU and LA Tech (both 7-2).

Knew it was going to be difficult to get the win in Ruston. I wouldn’t read to much into Bamba sitting so much. It looked to me like we tried to match up with their speed.

If you had told me their offensive % numbers before the game started and told me Young would have an off night I would have expected a large loss for us.

They got some open 3 balls but they also hit some very well defended ones. We managed to stay in the game given their shooting makes me happy. Not a moral victory at all, but hopefully this shows our offense continuing to grow evolve and get better.

I agree Supica had a really bad game. He is so frustrating to watch.

Supica was not good. Young struggled. Bamba appeared to be on a minutes restriction or something, or matchups just didn’t favor him.

Considering all that, I thought we played well. They were absolutely unconscious from 3, and that is what it is sometimes.

I would have like to see us slow down the pace a little more, but I don’t think we were awful on either end.

Supica is literally Net-Zero part 2. He will make 3-4 nice plays every game but will get blocked or not finish 3-4 layups per game, travels 2-3 times per game and will have several turnovers where he simply loses the ball or can’t catch it.

Frustrating isn’t a strong enough word. He literally hurts us…typically more than he helps us.

Desperately needs to figure out how to be stronger with the ball.

That’s still 4th place. Thankfully FIU lost, so we’re at least alone in 4th place now.

I think maybe we are just expecting too much from Supica. When looking at his year over year numbers, his FG% is up from last season. His points per minute is slightly higher. His rebounds per minute is higher. His turnovers per minute are a little higher, but just slightly. I would say that he is the same guy he was last season, but now with Bamba and Vasic he just doesn’t see the floor as much. From the data Supica appears to be a little more efficient than the previous 2 seasons he has been here. His turnover rate was pretty good as a freshman, but I think that had more to do with our offensive style under Price versus Sanchez.

1 Like

clt says la tech’s gym is so small

1 Like

Small and still no where close to full. Amazed they can’t turn out a better crowd with a solid season. Upper deck was empty.

1 Like

The TAC (Thomas Assembly Center) holds 8000, that doesn’t seem too small.

It’s smaller than Halton and had a much smaller crowd inside.

Yes. This means Charlotte deserves a good team because it will get support unlike many teams in this conference.