Lambert is out

God mcleansville is back

clt says folks are already suggesting the appy coach makes an upgrade to come to Charlotte.

3 Likes

Say what?! :open_mouth:

Not everyone is happy.

“Sad day for Charlotte Athletics. Coach Lambert and his staff gave everything they had day 1! I know because I was there for day 1. Progress was being made now we have restart it.”

No progress was being made.

5 Likes

Charlotte football hasn’t done anything of consistent merit except exist. To assume that the basketball or football programs have been saved is folly. Look at the top. That hasn’t changed in any way. There isn’t anything to feel good about given our history since basketball imploded. I can’t feel good about us beating OSU when there are nutty losses befoe and after. The same goes for football. There has been far too much tolerance of failure and losing for too long, and that starts at the top. Until our football and basketball teams can start
Producing consistent winning, I cannot expect anything more than one loser coach is about to be replaced with another loser coach. That is what history has shown us over and over. That starts and stops with the top.

What doofus said that?

??? The top of the Athletics Department just left last year. Look at the resources (staff positions to the people wiping sweat from the floor) being poured into men’s basketball compared to the last few years. That in itself doesn’t breed wins, but seeing that the program is taking things seriously shows me that winning is the goal and just existing is not good enough.

3 Likes

I mean higher than the AD, but a real AD woukd have fired Lambert the first week on the job unless prohibited by the top. When I finally see consistent winning, I will believe it. Otherwise, Lucy can keep her football Charlie Brown.

What a ridiculous post.

I said here that I did not think Lambert would be released until days following the final game. I can’t say that I am upset about being wrong. Since he is going to coach the final game I do wonder if pulling the trigger today was because Hill has someone in mind already that he wants to wrap up before the season ends and other jobs begin to open. If not, I don’t see the point in doing it today.

Either way, I can think of at least one other Charlotte coach that is sweating right now.

Softball?

Is lambert owed any money on his contract? Can’t remember exactly but thinking this was the last year right? Football would be off to a better start on changing coaches than basketball has been recently with paying multiple coaches.

This is exciting times for the football program. I would think it’s unusual to fire a head coach but think the trajectory is up. This hire will say a lot about Mike Hill.

Yes he is

Lambert will be paid through January of 2021.

Just his base.

clt says the appys are concerned

The next coach seriously needs to search the Jucos to fill the gaps. Especially looking for linemen.

2 Likes

Happy we can move forward now!

You’re obviously not paying attention. The new regime has served notice that the status quo is not acceptable. Mike Hill has already made that clear. The 2019 basketball recruiting class indicates we have turned a corner. The current basketball season is going to be a tough one, but as they say, Rome wasn’t built in a day. Now football can began to make strides under a top notch coach like basketball is.