Lane Odom doing color commentary

Only a few of us were in the chat room the other night, but I know a bunch of the board members were in there for the Cable Car Classic games.

Anyway, what do you guys think of Lane? Just curious.

I’m sort of iffy on the fact that he’s back/around our program, but I do like that he has an “insiders” view on our team. He had some interesting comments during the ECU game, one in particular:
“The thing about Plavich is that he’s surprisingly good defender…” and then he talked about how he’s played good defense during several games. Figured the board would love that one.

He had a few other interesting points, one of which I can’t remember right now, but I’ll post it if I do. Anyway, just interested in everyone else’s opinions.

Lane is fine, as long as he has nothing to do with recruiting our players :wink:

I prefer Jay Thomas or Michele Tafoya, or someone else that has some animation/personality midway between Odom and dookie v.

how about rachel nichols? she is getting it done.

He doesn’t have any personaility. I like his comments and questions but it’s hard to stay awake for them. I like what Gary Williams does.

[i]Originally posted by franchise49er[/i]@Jan 10 2005, 04:07 PM [b] Lane is fine, as long as he has nothing to do with recruiting our players :wink: [/b]
I was the one who brought it up with Florida49er in the chat room. If Lane did what they say he did at Mizzou, I was wondering if anyone thought that his presence taints our program even though he is not an employee of the school.