Langston adds Charlotte commitment for Beasley

Nice blurb from Langston. Added that Michael Beasley has committed to Charlotte and is ranked #2 among sophomores accoding to Dave Telep (Scout.com). I know many dislike Langston’s work but he actually does have pull with the local players. Thanks for adding the additional info, LW.

Nice to see him add it after probably receiving several emails from educated Niner fans who knew about it long ago.

And I won’t argue that he has pull with local players and he’s used that pull in the past to (try and) work against us (Jobey, Demarco, Morrow). That’s one reason why I don’t care for him, aside from just being a Tarhole jock sniffer.

Power of the People!

[b]Expected to be invited to next year's Bojangles' event is Riverdale Baptist (Md.), which features 6-foot-8 sophomore Michael Beasley. Beasley, who has committed to Charlotte, is ranked No. 2 in his class by national analyst Dave Telep of scout.com. -- LANGSTON WERTZ JR.[/b]

PREPS PLUS | Area notebook

Cool.

From the article:

[b]Expected to be invited to next year's Bojangles' event is Riverdale Baptist (Md.), which features 6-foot-8 sophomore Michael Beasley.[/b]

What is the Bojangle’s event? I gather that it’s a high school tourney, but where/when was/is it played? Is this for mostly local teams are for a few local teams with mostly national teams?

[i]Originally posted by X-49er[/i]@Jan 7 2005, 03:06 PM [b] What is the Bojangle's event? [/b]
DellCurryFoundation.com: [url=http://www.dellcurryfoundation.com/events/bojangles-hsbasketball.htm]The Bojangles' HS Basketball Shootout[/url]

you would think that charlotte would be a hot spot for major talent

Nonone gets the Big stories like the “O”

Nice work, Langston. Way to hit all your sources.

Tintin

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Jan 7 2005, 01:19 PM [b] Nice to see him add it after probably receiving several emails from educated Niner fans who knew about it long ago.

And I won’t argue that he has pull with local players and he’s used that pull in the past to (try and) work against us (Jobey, Demarco, Morrow). That’s one reason why I don’t care for him, aside from just being a Tarhole jock sniffer. [/b]

There you go bashing the Observer again. This is the 2nd thread this week that you’ve done nothing but criticize Observer staff members with one negative remark after another. That’s really disgusting.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m sure you’re absolutely hating it, Over40 :lol: