LaRon Smith F/C - Grad Transfer (Bethune Cookman)

I’m guessing we didn’t get a verbal while he was visiting here, any new news on his recruitment?

I was derailing the thread, and decided to move it elsewhere. Come to Charlotte LaRon.

[quote=“justintrent, post:21, topic:30303”]I’m guessing we didn’t get a verbal while he was visiting here, any new news on his recruitment?[/quote]Fully expect another visit another school or 2. Word is he committed really early in the process out of HS and was burned by it. Doing his due diligence (as all recruits should).

Regardless of where he ends up, that is refreshing to hear. All the best to him in this process and I hope he realizes that there is nowhere better than Charlotte to expand his education, finish his college ball career, and launch into his days as a professional (either in hoops or something else).

I just really hope we can sign this kid. I don’t know why, but shot-blocking is my favorite part of the game.

Visiting auburn this weekend.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:26, topic:30303”]Visiting auburn this weekend.[/quote]We’re still in it.

Auburn, ew.

Auburn does have a returning Freshman that blocked 65 shots last year in about 20mpg. Also have a 4 start 6’10 kid coming in.

[font=Titillium Web][size=17px]With Murray picking Auburn over Middle Tennessee, that likely leaves one spot remaining and Auburn is hoping to fill it soon with another big man. Graduate transfers LaRon Smith from Bethune-Cookman and Merrill Holden from Louisiana Tech were both in Auburn this weekend as well. Holden hasn’t included Auburn in his final lists lately and currently has a handful of other schools pursuing him so I’m shocked that he still made his visit to the Plains this weekend and don’t expect that he’ll land on our roster. On the other hand, LaRon Smith seems much more interested in the Tigers and would not be shocked to get a commitment form him early this week. That might be slightly wishful thinking, but I’m really looking forward to the end of recruiting for this year so I can go on to start analyzing the roster and getting ready for next season.[/size][/font]

Its bad news that we have so much tied to landing this kid…

I agree, hopefully at some point soon either he makes a decision or we move forward. He’s really enjoying this time of being wanted and drawing it out as much as he can.

Heading to Auburn.

That sucks. I thought he wanted to play in the tournament.

Auburn sounds like a big deal to kids though.