Larry Ogunjobi

Larry getting some love from Bill Barnwell on the pieces below. Even used his picture for the Browns section of the column!

“Larry Ogunjobi has flashed as a promising interior disruptor, although he slowed down as last season went on.”

https://shop.clevelandbrowns.com/mens-nfl-pro-line-larry-ogunjobi-brown-cleveland-browns-player-jersey/p-24310127466954+z-9633-2859790814

clt says people are buying Larry’s jersey

1 Like

https://shop.clevelandbrowns.com/nike-mens-cleveland-browns-customized-white-game-jersey-/p-24233623260757+z-9862-1454610461

clt says too many people are buying Larry jerseys!

1 Like

Another sack today. 3 sacks in 4 games.

5 Likes

clt says Larry is pro bowl bound

1 Like

1 sack this past weekend.

Now 4 total through 8 games.

2 Likes

Another sack last night but…

Involved in brawl in last nights game. Terrible actions by Garrett. Larry walks in late with bump to Rudolph. Doesn’t seem to be too involved but was ejected. The video guy says Pouncey was kicking Larry in head but he meant Garrett.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28083493/three-ejected-nasty-brawl-tarnishes-end-steelers-browns

Larry backed off and wasn’t involved with Pouncey. Pouncey btw deserves a lot of criticism too for hitting a man who’s down. Garrett messing up massively doesn’t mean you get to punch and kick him once he’s down. I hate that crap.

Goes without saying that Garrett needs to sit the rest of the season. He went red line. Pouncey 1-2 and Larry 1.

Disappointed in Larry. He got it wrong last night.

1 Like

It’s like hanging out with your idiot friend who starts a fight he shouldn’t have and you see him getting beat up and you don’t know what to do.

3 Likes

Mason Rudolph started the whole thing by trying to rip Garrett’s helmet off, then proceeded to run at him trying to fight. He needs a suspension as well, but he’ll get away with it because QBs always do in the NFL. That being said, I’m not dismissing anyone else’s actions, just saying Rudolph gets some of the blame and should be punished as well.

1 Like

It does appear that Rudolph was trying to rip off Garrett’s. Garrett should have never retaliated, especially by swinging the helmet, but Rudolph did appear to start it. Larry in a WTF moment as well.

TSN story with vid:

I think Rudolph and Garrett need to sit for a while (MG for the rest of the season), and though Larry is my favorite Niner football payer ever, he shouldn’t get away unpunished. I would think a fine is coming his way. Maybe a 1 game suspension.

Larry shoved a guy, that’s a fine level infraction. Guys get shoved in every NFL game.

2 Likes

Larry will lose at least a game too, because it was in THIS particular incident and Rudolph’s helmet was off.

Looks like Larry and Myles Garrett are close on the team. In his post game comments he said he was trying to defend his brother, but you don’t do that by hitting a helmet-less guy from behind who actually wasn’t the one hitting that brother at the time. Larry should have said that he let his emotions get the better of him and made a mistake, and apologized instead. Live and learn.

Didn’t watch the game but apparently it was a rough one. Makes you wonder what was going on in the trenches that made them both lose their cool.

This hasn’t aged well:

I’m fine with Mason Rudolph also getting a game. It was a non-football move, so to speak.

Please let’s get off of our high horses with the hypothetical situations on what should and shouldn’t be done during a scuffle. The way I saw it, Pouncey started punching Garrett AS he was falling down. Garrett didn’t even feel those hits whereas Rudolph could have suffered a TBI had the helmet hit him right.

Garrett will get the punishment he deserves. Everyone else should just get a fine. We watch these guys destroy their bodies for our entertainment and then claim the moral high road once they get into scuffles? Get out of here with that.

Larry will probably be suspended/and or fined, but I think some of you are actually making Larry’s actions out to be worse than they look to me. If you watch closely, Larry is standing nearly still and Rudolph (with his hands up) almost backs into Larry. It seems to me that Larry was just pushing him off (with maybe a little more force than needed).