latest AP Poll

AP Poll

As expected for the most part. The ECU loss was a killer in more ways than one and beating Cincy doesn’t make up for it in my opinion. We’ll need to win the next two and maybe we’ll be ranked next Monday.

who the heck is Pacific

[i]Originally posted by tm49er[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 02:53 PM [b] who the heck is Pacific [/b]
[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=1986298]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=1986298[/url]

Cincy drops 2 and only falls 3 spots?

Kind of surprised to see Pacific in there… 16 of their wins came against RPI 100+ teams (a lot of those are acutally 200+). The only top 50 win they have is over #41 Nevada.

I knew it was a long shot, but I was hoping we could sneak in there… just for the exposure. Considering our upcoming schedule, I don’t see us getting in there any time soon… oh well.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 02:52 PM [b]As expected for the most part. The ECU loss was a killer in more ways than one and beating Cincy doesn't make up for it in my opinion. We'll need to win the next two and maybe we'll be ranked next Monday.[/b]
Actually it seems to have exactly cancelled out the ECU loss. 27th going into the ECU game, we lose and drop to 30 something, beat Cincinnati and we're right back to 27.

But once again we will have two games against teams we are better than, and if we get a little help, we will be ranked next week with 2 wins.

I agree that two wins this week gets us in…#24) Charlotte…17-4. Sounds pretty good to me.

Well, I said we’d be leading the ORV - only 8 off. Take care of things this week, though, and we’re good.

Uh-oh, at Saint Louis, please win the game your sopposed to win, 49ers

Pacific is ranked because it is a nice story. Kinda like UTEP and Air Force making the tourney last year. 9ers just have to take care of business.

OK, this is scary: 2 trap games in one week. We win both, we’re ranked for sure. A repeat of last year and we’re back down towards the bottom of the ORV category. Can we break the curse?

1. Everyone wear green socks

2. Everyone wear green underware. If the green underware you have doesn’t work, buy a new pair.

3. Wear your Charlotte gear in multiple layers when it’s cold.

4. If you can watch the game with your in-laws, do it!

5. Don’t shave.

6. Va, do NOT come to watch the games live :smiley:

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 01:52 PM [b]The ECU loss was a killer in more ways than one and beating Cincy doesn't make up for it in my opinion. We'll need to win the next two and maybe we'll be ranked next Monday.[/b]
Maybe is right.

I’ve kinda resigned myself to the fact that Charlotte could win the NCAA tourney and still only be ranked in the #15-#20 range.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, this week’s games are far more important than worrying about ranking.

There is no chance of the Niners making the Top 25 even with 2 wins this week.

You can all thank me for saving the team from a loss or two this week.

NLP, I disagree with you, but if you’re right, you have just assured us victory in both games. :frowning:

There’s plenty of scenarios that get us in, and many loseable games for those ahead of us. However, we’re our own worst enemy when it comes to National recognition.

Put on your :ph34r: and just wait and see.

Pacific made it in at #24. Now THAT is brutal.

I’m glad we’re not ranked. I think it would make some of our players cocky going into Houston and St Louis, therefor we would drop a game. The only time I’d like to see us ranked is when we play louisville, to see a number next to our name, to the thousands watching around the world. That would be good for publicity, but besides that, its a pride thing, and i think it would hurt our team.

Plus it doesn’t help our “dark horse” theory of sneaking up and be a force to reckon with come march like CBS keeps saying.

[i]Originally posted by NINERcowbellplayer[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 03:06 PM [b] I'm glad we're not ranked. I think it would make some of our players cocky going into Houston and St Louis, therefor we would drop a game. The only time I'd like to see us ranked is when we play louisville, to see a number next to our name, to the thousands watching around the world. That would be good for publicity, but besides that, its a pride thing, and i think it would hurt our team.

Plus it doesn’t help our “dark horse” theory of sneaking up and be a force to reckon with come march like CBS keeps saying. [/b]

Agree. The easy U game killed our momentum toward the T-25. We could still get there but we’ll have to just keep winning and this will take care of itself. Being ranked the last week of the regular season would be nice, as you said, going to loserville and a date with them on The Deuce in primetime.
(A pessimistic aside: we will not come out of that game with a W. We’ll be lucky to come out with a losing margin under 15 and keeping them under 100 total.)

[i]Originally posted by 49er1[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 03:36 PM [b] (A pessimistic aside: we will not come out of that game with a W. We'll be lucky to come out with a losing margin under 15 and keeping them under 100 total.) [/b]
I disagree. I think we are better suited to play Louisville than we are Cincy. We do much better with a faster tempo. Its a long way away, but as of Feb. 7th, I think we have a decent shot at Louisville. St. Louis scares me more than Louisville right now.