Latest Bracket Projections 2/28

ESPN–5 seed vs. Miami (Ohio), 1st/2nd Round Cleveland, in Chicago Regional

CNNSI–5 seed vs. Minnesota in Albuquerque

Let’s beat Loserville, USF, and then make a big run in the tournament and move up to a 4. and hopefully first two rounds in Charlotte. There’s still time!

In the ESPN Bracketology, we would be in line to play the Cuse in the 2nd round and the Illini in the Sweet 16.

CNNSI, look who we would be in line to play in the 2nd round. Revenge?

It would be stange watching Basden on Grier. I’d be worried about Grier having a career game against us just for some payback. Even if he did, they only have 1 other double digit scorer (17.6ppg for Grier, 11.6 ppg for Hagen). Nobody else on the team can score so I think we’d be in good shape. I would hate to draw the Illini. Whoever beats them will do it by slowing down the pace and that’s not our style.

Something is not right. Memphis is listed as a 10 seed as well as next 4 out.

mmm…pacific vs memphis…if memphis gets in they could go to the sweet 16…they wont lay an egg and shoot 18.9% again…

Projecting the field

Here’s Tony Mejia’s picks. Surprisingly he has Houston in. Memphis is out.

this is last weeks i believe with updated records. It has to be, i think they had us playing minnesota last week. but the thing that keys me in is Pitt lost twice and they have them as going UP

ya our group of 4 (us,minn,pitt,whoeverpittplayedfirstround) didn’t chance from last week. Also in the listing on the side of conferences with multiple bids it indicates cusa with 4, but in the brackets we actually have 5. me thinks lunardi is either not finished updating it yet, or is confused.

It’s not the updated version.

It auto-magically updates the records, but the rest is bunk. Seems like it doesn’t get updated until late, late in the day Mon.

It’s updated now. Charlotte’s still a 5 seed, playing in the Chicago region, with a first-round matchup in Cleveland against Miami of Ohio. The 4-13 matchup in our bracket is Syracuse and Holy Cross. Sweet 16 matchup would be Illinois, Fairleigh-Dickinson (yeah, I don’t see that happening), Nevada, or Maryland. Other C-USA teams in are Louisville (3 seed in the Austion region), Cincinnati (6 seed in the Albuquerque region), and DePaul (8 seed in the Albuquerque region). All of the C-USA teams (except for Memphis, which dropped out) have the same seeding as last week.

I also like this from the “Games of the Week” section on the left:

[b]Thursday Charlotte at Louisville Maybe the last meaningful regular-season game in C-USA history.[/b]

Bracketography has us as a 4-seed playing SUNY-Buffalo in Nashville. Syracuse or Wichita State in the 2nd round.

[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF[/i]@Feb 28 2005, 03:17 PM [b] [url=http://www.bracketography.com/]Bracketography[/url] has us as a 4-seed playing SUNY-Buffalo in Nashville. [/b]
Buffalo is led by senior G Turner Battle of Kernersville, NC (East Forsyth HS), who averages 15 ppg.

Turner Battle

No way Charlotte and Louisville are both #4 seeds. If we win out we are #3 seed. If Louisville wins out they are #2 seed. Having us as both a #4 means somebody’s going to lose and possibly someone else win the tourney. Cincy can’t win it in this scenario because they are a #6 seed.

Jerry Palm has updated his bracket. He has us as a 5 seed playing Iowa State in the first round (in Cleveland). Potential matchups with Syracuse in the second round and UNC-Chapel Hill in the third round.

http://www.collegerpi.com/

[i]Originally posted by austinniner[/i]@Feb 28 2005, 01:32 PM [b] Here's Tony Mejia's picks. Surprisingly he has Houston in. Memphis is out. [/b]
They interviewed Lunardi on Sportscenter this afternoon and he had Houston as one of the "rising teams on the good side of the bubble."

When asked to name a team that no one knew about but could surprise, he said “Buffalo.”

More from Lunardi:

Charlotte
Finally, Charlotte and Louisville will meet (at Freedom Hall). Could be their last encounter before each departs for a new conference.

Why seeded here?
49ers are now the highest No. 5 on the board. C-USA tie will be broken this week.

May change because:
A win at Louisville would be gigantic. Not moving (up or down) virtually impossible because of it.

Good Wins
RPI 1-25: Cincinnati
RPI 26-50: UL-Lafayette, @Davidson, DePaul

Bad Losses
RPI 101-200: @East Carolina (my edit: looks like he’s missing the Rutgers games)
RPI 201+: None

vs RPI top 100: 9-2

[i]Originally posted by run49er+Feb 28 2005, 03:28 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (run49er @ Feb 28 2005, 03:28 PM)

I don’t like that scenario of playing Miami-Ohio in Cleveland. That will be like playing a road game at their place. If we can play well and get up to that four seed it will greatly improve our matchup in the first round. None of the #12 seeds are pushovers.