LCD

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a “best bang for your buck” 17" or 19" LCD. I want it for common usage and gaming but don’t really care about playing beyond 1280x1024. Basically, I want to spend as little as I possibly can to get a decent LCD. Will be lucky to even convince the better half that “certain software cannot be viewed correctly on a CRT and requires LCD technology to display at higher resolutions” (hey, she may actually fall for that :stuck_out_tongue: )

Best bang for your buck 17"?
Best bang for your buck 19"?

Staples is currently offering a Norcent (never heard of them) 17" LCD with speakers for $279 after $70 MIR. Surely it has to be a POS for that price.

NewEgg.com is your friend.

Find a cheap model that gets good reviews there and then cross refernce it with other web reviews (Google is also your friend).

Chances are, some store like Best Buy or Staples sells it and the price difference may be less than shipping from NewEgg.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Jul 22 2004, 02:51 PM [b] Chances are, some store like Best Buy or Staples sells it and the price difference may be less than shipping from NewEgg. [/b]
I'd still rather buy from Newegg, even if shipping made it more, than Best Buy or CompUSA. Not a big fan of those stores, especially CompUSA and their rebate dependencies. I did get my memory there though because after rebates, Newegg couldn't come close but I won't buy any other hardware from them.

Newegg does have some nice LCD options with good repsonse times in the sub-$400 range. Too bad that monitors have to be sold in conjuction with a CPU to take advantage of the tax-free holiday coming up in N.C. :frowning: