Leemire Goldwire Ties record

Leemire Goldwire has tied the Charlotte Consecutive Free throw streak with 37 straight today against the Dayton Flyers. Congrats Leemire. Good Luck on breaking the streak

Those announcers were trying their best to jinx him…

THREEmire Goldwire!!!

More like FreeMire… as in get him to the line!

i like our chances when he has the ball at the end of the game. that one drive he had where he split the defenders and layed it in with his right hand was NASTY!!!

i like our chances when he has the ball at the end of the game. that one drive he had where he split the defenders and layed it in with his right hand was NASTY!!!

Yeah he’s starting to show an ability that I’ve never seen in any other Niner player of his size. The ability to shoot combined with the ability to drive, dish, handle the rock and still strap down defensively. Could it be…a 5 tool player???

just wait til carlos williams comes next year. he is less selfish than mitch with handling the rock. leemire is going to be spoiled the next two seasons.

Leemire is my hero lol

He’s come a long way since the MSU game. Good thing he never let that poor performance get to him. He plays with a lot of confidence. If he learns to play better defense consistently (not that any of our guys do) he’ll be a major impact player.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;147601]he is less selfish than mitch with handling the rock. [/QUOTE]

:huh:

you do realize i was talking about carlos williams the juco transfer that has 10 or so assists per game so far this year right?

[QUOTE=the daxified one;147616]you do realize i was talking about carlos williams the juco transfer that has 10 or so assists per game so far this year right?[/QUOTE]

I just never thought I’d see the word “selfish” in the same sentence with Mitch’s name.

dont get me wrong I like Mitch but he is inconsistent with his game

I was surprised to learn he tied the record. I was all ignorant.

I was amused too… because before the free throws, by coincidence, I’d been comparing my feelings for Leemire to those I had had for Henry.
(For a minute I thought Goldwire:Withers::Henry:Dink… thinking pro scouts who come to see Curtis will wind-up taking notes on Leemire, sad.)

Did you see that play-- I think it was late in the first half-- when Leemire split defenders, drove and then dished to Curt… who got fouled. That’s what I like to see! Hell yeah.

When stressed we jumpshoot, but not Leemire. He KNOWS what to do, and he’s got the skills. Hell yeah.

Thank God he’s a Niner. I’m really excited about him.

i was not a big fan of leemire until seeing these past few games where hes been consistantly putting up big numbers offensively. last year he took and missed a lot of bad shots which concerned me coming into this year. however lately he has been showing signs of improvement in his decision making and i have to say that im no longer worried when he has the ball.

There is no doubt Lee’s shooting has improved tremendously, but what I am surprised about is that his ball handling is not discussed more on this board. I think he has incredible ball handling skills and by his senior season should be an amazing player to watch. I’m not positive but I think he had four turnovers in today’s game which is not bad but a number I would like to see come down. And as far as Mitch goes, I will be sad to see him go because he barely turns the ball over at all. Mitch can score but that’s not what his job is. It speaks volumes that he leads the A10 in assist to turnover ratio.

He's come a long way since the MSU game. Good thing he never let that poor performance get to him. He plays with a lot of confidence. If he learns to play better defense consistently (not that any of our guys do) he'll be a major impact player.

in the davidson game where he had like 28, he said that after the game he went back out on the court and took some 300 shots.[COLOR=green] [/COLOR][COLOR=green]http://espnch.feedroom.com/ifr_main.jsp?st=1136667066343&rf=bm&mp=WMP&wmp=1&cpf=true&fr=010706_035106_3583d7f3x108a5a57de9x55e5&rdm=754185.8323702961[/COLOR]
If you follow that link you can watch the replay, watch the 4:23 mark for what lee can do and then look at the emotion. My friends that are still in college say that Lee is the only guy that they have never seen “out”, they said “yeah he’s married, but he must always be in the gym” I think when lee is an upperclassman not only is he going to be amazing due to his work ethic i think it will rub off on the younger players, like the freshman guards we will have next year.

I though if Leemire was half the player that Anthony(Goldwire) was, then we would have a good player. But now, it looks like he will be just as good(if not better) as Anthony. Only if he had Anthony speed…

Congrats to Leemire! One more and you’ve got the record!

Half way in his sophmore year, he really looks to be a good foundation for us.

Hard nose type player, tough, who listens to his coach. He also seems to connect well with the maturity of Alexander and Bennet on the court.

Those are the same qualities Henry always displayed.