LeeMIRE on FIRE

Lee deserves some run. The kid was on fire last night and played through back spasms. The cross-over move he put on at the top of the key was deadly. He was so shocked to see the guy go flying by, he missed the shot. Too much time. Keep it up Lee!

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;216614]Lee deserves some run. The kid was on fire last night and played through back spasms. The cross-over move he put on at the top of the key was deadly. He was so shocked to see the guy go flying by, he missed the shot. Too much time. Keep it up Lee![/QUOTE]

Lee is definitely shooting the ball well. That cross over was incredible!

also…and i think i may get absolutely eaten on this board for saying this (which i don’t quite understand) but i think DA deserves some credit. ever since he started on fire in conference play, teams have been keying on him. instead of forcing bad crap all the time, he works with it and contributes how he can. he hasn’t been leading our team ever since that but he’s been silently contributing and rebounding well. i thought the alley oop pass to JJ was a sign of the fact that he’s not being selfish even know he’s not really allowed to contribute much when the defense throws everything at him. he’s taking what he can get and letting the other guys do the rest.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;216622]also…and i think i may get absolutely eaten on this board for saying this (which i don’t quite understand) but i think DA deserves some credit. ever since he started on fire in conference play, teams have been keying on him. instead of forcing bad crap all the time, he works with it and contributes how he can. he hasn’t been leading our team ever since that but he’s been silently contributing and rebounding well. i thought the alley oop pass to JJ was a sign of the fact that he’s not being selfish even know he’s not really allowed to contribute much when the defense throws everything at him. he’s taking what he can get and letting the other guys do the rest.[/QUOTE]
I’ll give you a feed on this one Ninerball… Lee has been awesome and DA [I]has[/I] been smarter and a great contirbution. He is drwaing attention off of the other guys and choosing his shots well. Often I’ll look back at a score box and be surprised to see he managed 20 points. He knocks them away pretty steady. And his aid in rebounding has been big! Loved the dunk the other night too! :clap: :49ers: :thumbsup:

[QUOTE=ChevEE;216876]I’ll give you a feed on this one Ninerball… Lee has been awesome and DA [I]has[/I] been smarter and a great contirbution. He is drwaing attention off of the other guys and choosing his shots well. Often I’ll look back at a score box and be surprised to see he managed 20 points. He knocks them away pretty steady. And his aid in rebounding has been big! Loved the dunk the other night too! :clap: :49ers: :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Dunk? Didn’t that one come back out. It was a great move. I really wanted it to go down for DA’s sake.

I called into Lutz Live last night and asked about ball movement and DA. Coach just said that he thinks DA is trying too hard, forcing it. He doesn’t think it’s a confidence thing. I think we saw DA trying to be patient in the Richmond game, which translated in only 7 shots (2-7) but some assists and 7rebounds. He needs to pick his spots for exploding to get the ball. Change of speed as he’s making his cuts should free him up, ALONG WITH PEOPLE SETTING SOME SOLID SCREENS.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;216884]Dunk? Didn’t that one come back out. It was a great move. I really wanted it to go down for DA’s sake.

I called into Lutz Live last night and asked about ball movement and DA. Coach just said that he thinks DA is trying to hard, forcing it. He doesn’t think it’s a confidence thing. I think we saw DA trying to be patient in the Richmond game, which translated in only 7 shots (2-7) but some assists and 7rebounds. He needs to pick his spots for exploding to get the ball. Change of speed as he’s making his cuts should free him up, ALONG WITH PEOPLE SETTING SOME SOLID SCREENS.[/QUOTE]
Nope. DA’s dunk came out but the one that DA fed to JJ was [I]very [/I]in. Though I don’t see Richmond as a defensive threat, they are a bunch of lanky white guys with long arms that flailed a lot. That shut down shot ops. Word on the solid screens… we clear our own screens by a good 3 feet…

[QUOTE=ninerball49;216622] instead of forcing bad crap all the time, he works with it and contributes how he can. he hasn’t been leading our team ever since that but he’s been silently contributing and rebounding well. … he’s taking what he can get and letting the other guys do the rest.[/QUOTE]

DA is, at best, my 4th favorite player (behind #12, #1 & #40) on this team. I thought he forced way too many things early in the season.

But I completely agree that in the last couple of games he has definately been taking what he can get and showing greater signs of working within a system.