Lets be realistic

wow, 46% think we will win

so weā€™ll win a close game or theyā€™re going to blow us outā€¦lol

[QUOTE=Savio;200385]so weā€™ll win a close game or theyā€™re going to blow us outā€¦lol[/QUOTE]

That seems to be the general feeling from most people on the boardā€¦

Seems like half think we have a pretty good team that just had a bad night with N Texasā€¦

The other half think we are the worst d1 team in the nationā€¦

I think itā€™ll be close if we show up. I gave my vote a green tint because I have confidence in the team.

[QUOTE=casstommy;200536]That seems to be the general feeling from most people on the boardā€¦

Seems like half think we have a pretty good team that just had a bad night with N Texasā€¦

The other half think we are the worst d1 team in the nationā€¦[/QUOTE]

I would kindly like to say I think your assessment is wrong.

Its more like:
40% donā€™t live in reality, and think we are as good as the Demarco, Diego, Galen, Jobey, Colson days and we have not missed a beat.

Then there is 40% who see serious slippage in our ability to get to another level.

20% are confused or unsure. Probably too young to know the difference.

I would kindly like to say I think your assessment is wrong.

Its more like:
40% donā€™t live in reality, and think we are as good as the Demarco, Diego, Galen, Jobey, Colson days and we have not missed a beat.

Then there is 40% who see serious slippage in our ability to get to another level.

20% are confused or unsure. Probably too young to know the difference.

Maybe weā€™re not talking at all about the Niner program. Maybe itā€™s more likeā€¦weā€™re playing a top 10 contender on their own court who is hot who still have a couple of players that remember the previous game. Oh and their big while weā€™re down to one post player because of injury and the clearinghouse.

[QUOTE=metro;200565]I would kindly like to say I think your assessment is wrong.

Its more like:

20% are confused or unsure. Probably too young to know the difference.[/QUOTE]

I think the poll was about a game, not the state in which the program is in. We beat Syracuse last time during our so-called ā€œslippageā€.

[QUOTE=metro;200565]20% are confused or unsure. Probably too young to know the difference.[/QUOTE]

I guess I kinda fall into that category huhā€¦being that Iā€™m too young to know anything about niner history?

It seems like you believe that sports programs can only move in one directā€¦a constant direction. 1 bad year record wiseā€¦that means we are moving in the wrong directionā€¦no room for rebuilding years in your world huh?

If success is measured in NCAA tourny appearances and winsā€¦what is so different now then in the golden ages of when you were in school?

[QUOTE=forDniner;200576]I think the poll was about a game, not the state in which the program is in. We beat Syracuse last time during our so-called ā€œslippageā€.[/QUOTE]

His needle is stuck again.