Let's go Marquette!!!

Marquette wins tonight and we’re in 1st all alone. Louisville tends to struggle this time of year. I think Marquette can win tonight at home.

I’m rooting for Lousiville tonight. I’m looking forward to seeing two 12 and 2 teams go at it on March 3 to decide the champion. By then, Louisville could be in the top 10 and would give us a very high profile win to help with our seed.

I would like to see Louisville win tonight too. To win the conference I want to beat them at their place, not see us win because someone else beat them. I’m also looking forward to hearing them talk about Charlotte being tied, or a 1/2 game behind. Of course, I like any positive talk about our program on national tv.

Is Diener playing

I’m with you Mr. Bojangles. Any help the Niners can get is fine with me.

How about those Niners!! :rolleyes:

[i]Originally posted by Sideshow[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 11:56 AM [b] Is Diener playing [/b]
Yes. He's been whooping some buttocks lately.
[i]Originally posted by Sideshow[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 12:56 PM [b] Is Diener playing [/b]
I hope for Marquette's sake he is. Without him them lost by 47 to UL last time. At least this one is at Marquette.

I want Marquette to win, who cares HOW we win conference, just that we do it.

Odds are we will lose at least one more game this season. If we beat the winner of the UL/Memphis game, we’re conference champs with one more loss.

I’d like to win it outright, and I’m not scared of UL @ Freedom Hall, but that doesn’t mean I want our championship to hang on one game.

[i]Originally posted by Pork Chop+Feb 17 2005, 12:14 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Pork Chop @ Feb 17 2005, 12:14 PM)
[b]To win the conference I want to beat them at their place, not see us win because someone else beat them.[/b]

I agree. I want to go there and play for the title assuming we both can win out.

Rather than win the Conference Title, I would rather “defend” the Conference Title in their house. That way they can only share the title but get the #1 seed by tiebreaker.

This 49er team still makes me nervous. I say “Go Marquette!”.

Personally, I think it’s a win-win for us either way. Marquette wins, then they help us out. L’ville wins (and we take care of our own business), it sets up a monster game and gives us the opportunity to win the conference on our own terms.