Lighting

Is there a possibility we could get the trail to the parking lots lit? One section especially, has no light at all. This is dangerous. The school could at least caution people who are attending that they need to bring a flashlight.

[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 09:07 AM [b] Is there a possibility we could get the trail to the parking lots lit? One section especially, has no light at all. This is dangerous. The school could at least caution people who are attending that they need to bring a flashlight. [/b]
Trails to which parking lot?

I’m guessing he means the remote lots by the intramural track/field.

I thought the buildings lit the area up well enough?

[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 10:07 AM [b] Is there a possibility we could get the trail to the parking lots lit? One section especially, has no light at all. This is dangerous. The school could at least caution people who are attending that they need to bring a flashlight. [/b]
You should get one of those cool hard hats that miners wear with the flashlight built in, that way your can look like your a dedicate fan(maybe even enter the fan of the game contest) ten after the game when you walk back to the car you can turn on the flashlight and light your way.... Look it to it, I'd like to see that.

You are correct about the remote lots, NA, and no, the buildings dont light the entire way. I was at the LL game and one section was devoid of light, blocked by a dark building, I think. There is a stretch that we could not see the path at all.

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 10:24 AM [b] You should get one of those cool hard hats that miners wear with the flashlight built in, that way your can look like you're a dedicated fan [/b]
:biglaugh: :smirk:

quality! :clap:

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 10:24 AM [b] You should get one of those cool hard hats that miners wear with the flashlight built in, that way your can look like your a dedicate fan(maybe even enter the fan of the game contest) ten after the game when you walk back to the car you can turn on the flashlight and light your way.... Look it to it, I'd like to see that. [/b]
Thats a good idea, Jimmy. It may be a good promotion also. Miner lights. I like it! I want one! Your can look like your a dedicate fan ten also, if we get them.

Yes, but we are the Niners, not the miners.

Anywhoo, I thought that you were a member of the 49er club gamer. Did you not get a parking pass to park in the Cone deck?

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 10:53 AM [b] Yes, but we are the [i]Niners[/i], not the [i]miners[/i].

Anywhoo, I thought that you were a member of the 49er club gamer. Did you not get a parking pass to park in the Cone deck? [/b]

Is Norm a niner or a miner??? Did we use to play in the "mine"shaft or the "nine"shaft???

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 10:53 AM [b] Yes, but we are the [i]Niners[/i], not the [i]miners[/i].

Anywhoo, I thought that you were a member of the 49er club gamer. Did you not get a parking pass to park in the Cone deck? [/b]

The statue of the niner had me fooled about what a forty niner is.
I was not the only one walking the dark area. The problem is one of safety and convenience for many people, not where gamer parks.

I think that one falls under Facilities Management.
There’s about a dozen or so light poles between the two new buildings and Miltimore-Wallis waiting to be installed. I’m not sure where though.

And that statue is of a gold prospector. Come on…

A 49er was a gold prospector who went to California during the gold rush there. Here’s more about that gold rush:
"Gold rush, influx of prospectors, merchants, adventurers, and others to newly discovered gold fields. One of the most famous of these stampedes in pursuit of riches was the California gold rush. The discovery of gold at Sutter’s Mill early in 1848 brought more than 40,000 prospectors to California within two years. Although few of them struck it rich, their presence was an important stimulus to economic growth. Agriculture, commerce, transportation, and industry grew rapidly to meet the needs of the settlers; mining, too, soon became big business as corporations replaced the individual prospector. Vigilante justice and ad hoc political structures quickly gave way to the complex organization of state government."
Vigilante justice? Sorta like gametime in Halton, Hunh?
Anyway…a 49er panned for gold and/or mined for it. So I guess you could be a 49er and not a miner, but that was unlikely. A 49er CAN be a miner too.
Coincidentally, there was a gold rush in the Charlotte area too, but much earlier than 1849. We’re named after the California NINERS, obviously.

Gamer- If this idea of Jimmy’s takes off you could get a carolina blue miner hat???

[i]Originally posted by JKniner[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 12:05 PM [b] Gamer- If this idea of Jimmy's takes off you could get a carolina blue miner hat??? [/b]
Lighting is not a problem at the Smith Center.

yeah I know but you could wear the carolina miner hat when everyone else in Halton was wearing their green miner hat and show your true colors.

[i]Originally posted by 49er1[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 11:55 AM [b] Coincidentally, there was a gold rush in the Charlotte area too, but much earlier than 1849. We're named after the California NINERS, obviously. [/b]
Thanks, I might add that many 49ers were leaving the gold areas here for California. Forty niners mined for gold here before they did it in CA.
[i]Originally posted by JKniner[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 12:11 PM [b] yeah I know but you could wear the carolina miner hat when everyone else in Halton was wearing their green miner hat and show your true colors. [/b]
I am not surprised you knew about the lighting at Smith Center. But green, red or blue, we need lights for the Charlotte fans.
[i]Originally posted by gamer+Dec 10 2004, 12:12 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (gamer @ Dec 10 2004, 12:12 PM)

You do realize your actions have consequences… Its now fair game to rib you about any posts that have to do with headwear.

That doesn’t really seem to be a big topic on the board…but I can take it.