Linda Bruno speaks out on the A10/CN8-tv situation

Questions? Comments?
E-mail us at webmaster@lasalle-explorers.com

LaSalle-Explorers.com
Coming Soon: Interviews with Student-Athletes on the team!
The Unofficial Home of the Fans of the LaSalle Explorers
Never a subscription fee; always free.

2006-07 “Here Come The Explorers!”
#11 Darnell Harris

Linda Bruno Responds to Concerns About CSTV Contract Negotiations With Comcast
A10 Commissioner Responds to Concerns About TV Negotiations
October 26, 2006 Special from Expmod of Explorers Universe. LaSalle-Explorers.com Exclusive!

Expmod: Linda, LaSalle and St. Joe’s need to have the same amount of tv games as last season. Failure is not option. The Courier Post reported this in their October 20th edition that you put LaSalle and St. Joe’s at risk of not having any games televised locally on Comcast. Right now, you are on the hot seat and you should realize that this has to get done or you will have to leave as A10 commissioner. Time is running out, please get this done. Thank you.

Linda Bruno: Comcast can have the games, but they do not want to have to pay to carry them. Quite honestly, they have been a little bit spoiled because they were receiving A10 TV games that were already produced for them (the rights fee they paid the conference did not cover our costs) and then they were able to take some of the unselected inventory from our 3 local schools for free. This is not a matter of us withholding the games from Comcast, but it is the cost of doing business.

Expmod: How will this matter with CSTV be resolved?

Linda Bruno: Comcast has been a good partner for us, and has been important to our profile not only in Philly, but in many other of our cities. CSTV continues to work with them, and has also begun to pursue other options. Hang in there with us.

Expmod: Who should the consumers contact at Comcast to get this deal completed?

Linda Bruno: Just calling Comcast and asking for Atlantic 10 College Basketball programming will get their attention.

You can reach Comcast at 1-800-COMCAST or e-mail them from the following website:
https://www.comcast.com/customers/contactUs/EmailUs.ashx

Related article on Comcast’s Greed: Comcast Profits Jump More then Fivefold!

I guess you guys don’t get Comcast Cable in Charlotte. Comast’s own Channel CN8 is streamed over the web so you can watch A10 games from anywhere.

[QUOTE=UMass13;195366]I guess you guys don’t get Comcast Cable in Charlotte. Comast’s own Channel CN8 is streamed over the web so you can watch A10 games from anywhere.[/QUOTE]
I get what ever my bunny ears pick up. What is the website and is there a charge?