Lindy's Article on Lutz

Somehow stumbled on this, and didn’t know if anybody posted it:

[URL]http://www.lindyssports.com/article.php?cn=935[/URL]

good for lutz. but trashes the iniversity and the city.

A little to much hate on the QC, but it was a very good article.

Somehow stumbled on this, and didn't know if anybody posted it:

http://www.lindyssports.com/article.php?cn=935

I just can’t resist pointing out a few parts. I’ll work backwards:

there's hope that Lutz will stand above Rose's threats and once again solidify 49ers hoops on the national scene.
Wow, who wrote this? Is Ken Cross Lutz' agent?
Rose is darned lucky Bobby Lutz did not move on, as he could have when he turned down South Alabama in 2007.
:huh: Yeah, he could be living the good life for less money in the powerhouse Sun Belt conference.
Xavier has made a name for itself under Sean Miller. However, year-in, year-out, no one else in the A-10 has had staying power in the Top 25.
Well, neither has Xavier, year-in, year-out. But we have had one good season in this league, our first one, and that was disappointing given the talent we had on hand, all recruited prior to our move to the A10.
Rose renewed Lutz's contract through the 2012-13 season a year ago, but now seems to be rethinking his place as the 49ers coach.
A season like last year will do that to you. We barely qualified for the conference tournament.
The city has never backed the Bobcats, despite the ill-advised penchant for signing as many ACC players as possible as the franchise apparently thought the ACC-mad area fans would come and watch these guys get massacred by Kobe, Lebron, Carmelo, and other NBA behemoths.
Wait, is this a slam on Charlotte or the Bobcats. What the hell is the point here? Doesn't this mean Charlotte folks are right?
This is a city that ran Hornets owner George Shinn to New Orleans with his basketball team after he was allegedly involved in some immoral activities that had nothing to do with hoops.
Yeah, it had nothing to do with the crappy stadium deal. Trying to defend Shinn, hm.
The Big East did not want the Niners; again, because they would be the only athletic program without football.
Football might have helped, but this is just poorly written so its incorrect as it is (see the catholic schools).
Lutz has one of the best run-and-gun and three-point attacking offenses in the nation, but some teams in the A-10 have been able to minimize that attack.
Wait, so, it's still one of the best offenses, right? I mean, no one else in the country is able to beat A10 teams because their coaches are evil geniuses.
Not as many teams are willing to get into track meets with Charlotte.
Yeah, if they've watched some game tape.

I can think of reasons to defend Lutz (he had a mildly successful season the year before, he has a history of success, injuries which the article mentions, and lack of support from the city), but some of this is pretty silly. Hopefully, Lutz can silence all of his critics with a good season this year and in the future and then he won’t have to worry about Judy Rose’s evil threats.

Also a factual error…

[QUOTE]Without football, the 49ers missed the boat in conference realignments by not getting into a more attractive conference, as South Florida was able to do in the Big East. It also meant that after Louisville, Cincinnati, [B]Marquette[/B] and [B]DePaul[/B] left C-USA for the Big East, Charlotte had no digs. The Big East did not want the Niners; again, because they would be the only athletic program without football.[/QUOTE]
When did DePaul and Marquette start playing football?

Also a factual error...

When did DePaul and Marquette start playing football?

Um. I don’t think it said they started football. Just states that once they left the conference along with others, Charlotte was left as the only non-football school.

Good article. The parts about the city may seem a little harsh, but they are basically the truth.

Dude got his facts messed up though with this part:

[QUOTE]Finally, Rose is missing the boat on Lutz as a person and an ambassador for the university and its total program. He displayed his loyalty many times when he was at the pinnacle of success in C-USA, when he did not openly pursue other opportunities.[/QUOTE]

Must of ignored the whole UT ordeal.

Good article. The parts about the city may seem a little harsh, but they are basically the truth.

Dude got his facts messed up though with this part:

Must of ignored the whole UT ordeal.

Exactly what I thought when reading.

95% accurate

[QUOTE=9erken;430619]Well, neither has Xavier, year-in, year-out.[/QUOTE]
Xavier is a consistent winner and a perrenial Top 25 team. In the past 25 years, they’ve been to 18 NCAA tournaments - including 3 Sweet 16s in the last five years.

The style of play in the A-10 is different every night. Not as many teams are willing to get into track meets with Charlotte. Lutz has one of the best run-and-gun and three-point attacking offenses in the nation, but some teams in the A-10 have been able to minimize that attack.
Those jerks not playing into the one style Lutz is good at.
Also, Charlotte is out of the geographic A-10 area as is [B]Xavier[/B], St. Louis and [B]Dayton[/B]
I wonder how they manage to be so good then.

This article is stupid, poorly written, and on a website that looks like it was designed by high schoolers.

Xavier is a consistent winner and a perrenial Top 25 team. In the past 25 years, they've been to 18 NCAA tournaments - including 3 Sweet 16s in the last five years.

wish we were this inconsistent

i still think it was a trashy article. i’m not a lutz hater, and i’m glad he got some props; but the over-all tone (apart from the lutz-love) was simply crappy. read it as if you were a recruit considering our fair town and university…

In defense of the program, Charlotte is not a very good sports city anyway.
That's because people in Charlotte read about their team being located 150 miles away.
.......a conference where one out of 20 sports fans in the city cannot name the 14 teams in a conference that’s name suggests it has 10 members?
Well............. if they would read the [B]blogs [/B]designed for [B]Niners only[/B], they would know stuff like this.

I swear I am not Ken Cross…:grin:

sounds like we hang out with the same crowd :shades:

I dap this piece

i would love to know how he came up with his data for this article. a whole lotta twisted facts.

Another half-truth- Big East didn’t want Niners cuz we’d be the only program w/o football. Marquette and DePaul have absolutely NO plans to add football, and how many of the previous members don’t have football? A number. No it’s fair to say this is a watershed year.

Xavier is a consistent winner and a perrenial Top 25 team. In the past 25 years, they've been to 18 NCAA tournaments - including 3 Sweet 16s in the last five years.
Well, technically, not ranked every single year. But they're pretty close, so that was probably an unfair quibble. But the real point is that it's silly to say that fans are unfairly displeased just because we don't have Xavier's success. We don't have Dayton's, St. Jo's, Temple's, or Umass' level of success either.

Let’s set the bar really high, then claim the other side won’t accept less, then paint them as setting unfair expectations. Heat is not on Lutz because he doesn’t have Xavier’s level of success, it’s because Charlotte was sub-200 rpi, 11-20 last season. Did you know we finished with a lower rpi than GW last year? I’m really hoping this year will answer Lutz’ critics and help us all forget last year ever happened.

[QUOTE=9erken;430717]Well, technically, not ranked every single year. But they’re pretty close, so that was probably an unfair quibble. But the real point is that it’s silly to say that fans are unfairly displeased just because we don’t have Xavier’s success. We don’t have Dayton’s, St. Jo’s, Temple’s, or Umass’ level of success either.

Let’s set the bar really high, then claim the other side won’t accept less, then paint them as setting unfair expectations. Heat is not on Lutz because he doesn’t have Xavier’s level of success, it’s because Charlotte was sub-200 rpi, 11-20 last season. Did you know we finished with a lower rpi than GW last year? I’m really hoping this year will answer Lutz’ critics and help us all forget last year ever happened.[/QUOTE]good post

i still think it was a trashy article. i'm not a lutz hater, and i'm glad he got some props; but the over-all tone (apart from the lutz-love) was simply crappy. read it as if you were a recruit considering our fair town and university......

I was wondering if it was written by Mrs. Lutz… or one of his daughters.