Live from Halton Heights

Well it’s 1:35 on the cliffs of Halton Heights, and six die-hard soldiers in Niner Nation’s army have set up camp to brave the long night.

Cha_49… too old to be here but nobody cares…
TheNinerAlchemist… still persists in obnoxious grandiloquence
49erprincess… the token female
49or bust… we don’t know what’s longer… his hair or the slurs between his words.
Ninerballin… at least he’s bright enough to remove his wad of dip before sipping his beer
and last but not least,
thelew1014… his massive tent serving to overcompensate for some unknown shortcoming

Our intrepid men and women, standing guard… got bored. So what did they do? They reinvented the game of basketball. No, they did not rewrite the rules of the game… they went back to the beginnings of our beloved sport, taped a solo cup to the side of Halton Arena, and played with a small rubber ball… until Will “Jarvis Lang” Tate put himself on Sportscenter and left the court, rim in hand. Amanda “Katie Medder” Watson contributed by spending her night on the wing, and taking smart shots. None of them, to be statistical. Zac “Dijuan Harris” Rearick had many rebounds, a few points, and virtually no turnovers. We didn’t keep any statistics on turnovers. Dustin “Chris Weinke” Ellington played a great game, then retreated to his walker for the night. Chris “Amanda Watson” Beaver insisted that we call him “Amanda Watson”. I think he has a crush. Lewis “Eddie Basden” Morgan wreaked havoc on the defensive end of the floor, put a few men on posters, and then had his jersey retired… right off of his back.

What adventures will our sextet come across next? (That’s what she said) Find out next time on Halton Heights.

Also worth noting:

My tent is a Coleman. aka the "Rashad Coleman"
Will’s tent is a Wilderness Experience. aka the “An’juan Wilderness Experience”

1:45-present 49or bust is drunk.

Jarvis Lang

Halton Heights, population 6

Way to work ya’ll!

Nice job guys. We at X usually save camping for tix to the Cincy or Dayton games.

Here’s video from last season’s Crosstown shootout campout.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6G0oQS_W6Q&feature=channel_page[/URL]

[QUOTE=powerofX;385211]Nice job guys. We at X usually save camping for tix to the Cincy or Dayton games.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6G0oQS_W6Q&feature=channel_page[/URL][/QUOTE]

This isn’t a ticket campout… we already have tickets.

It’s general admission… we’re camping to get in line early.

By the way, Halton Heights’ population is now 8.

Nice job guys. We at X usually save camping for tix to the Cincy or Dayton games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6G0oQS_W6Q&feature=channel_page

That’s awesome. When we were in CUSA with Cinci, they were our big campout. There were a couple years in a row where there were over 200 tents.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;385218]That’s awesome. When we were in CUSA with Cinci, they were our big campout. There were a couple years in a row where there were over 200 tents.[/QUOTE]

A coworker of mine was in the group that started the campouts back then. That is sweet! :thumbsup:

That's awesome. When we were in CUSA with Cinci, they were our big campout. There were a couple years in a row where there were over 200 tents.

Keep in mind that X has less than 3k in undergrad enrollment so 750 camping out is pretty good.

Keep in mind that X has less than 3k in undergrad enrollment so 750 camping out is pretty good.

Wow, yeah I hadn’t thought of that. We have over 22k, so you youre percentage of students is a hell of a lot higher haha. That’d be like us having six thousand students show up to camp out

[QUOTE=ChevEE;385228]A coworker of mine was in the group that started the campouts back then. That is sweet! :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Who is your co-worker? You can PM me if you want. Just curious cause I haven’t talked to a lot of those guys in a while. ninerteach still posts, but he’s the only one.

PB’s former village…

Yeah, that was fun. But moss took up the majority of the camping when it got really popular. I had a job that required me to work nights most of my senior year.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;385122]

Cha_49… too old to be here but nobody cares…

Dustin “Chris Weinke” Ellington played a great game, then retreated to his walker for the night. [/QUOTE]

P.S. WTF??? Im only 25!

[QUOTE=Cha_49;385289]P.S. WTF??? Im only 25![/QUOTE]

OLD

that is pretty old, and this is coming from a 24 y/o.

Just a thought…with your tent being so damn ginormous, maybe it should be the “ANTWON Coleman” instead of the Rashad.

Just a thought....with your tent being so damn ginormous, maybe it should be the "ANTWON Coleman" instead of the Rashad.

Nope. I’m thinking more of the Kuehl Klub!